Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Another source of pro income!

Old 04-29-2005, 11:40 AM
Another source of pro income!

In a post a short while back I said we've found it necessary (for the first time in over a decade) to go on a search for new business due to the bottom dropping out of the lower end restoration market ...I also said I'd post it if I found any solution so here goes!

Glad to inform you I've found (as far as I can determine at least) a nearly untouched market in enhancing retouching and recreating old documents. In just a few months promoting the idea we have turned up everything from an old charter for a Lions Club to several dozen century old marriage licenses and even an 18 page Indian Treaty. Our March sales were up a little over 10% getting it going - April sales are ending with a sales increase of 67% over last year and inquiries coming in indicate there will be no letup for May. Our kind of high end work and pricing seems to be just fine with the clients!

We are delivering the finished product on Fiber Base Sepia tone prints but anyone doing their own B&W or Sepia printing should be able to find a workable combination within their current output. Not the easiest retouching jobs in the world but doable and we are finding it highly profitable!

Jim Conway, Conservator
Timemark Photo Conservators
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs