RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

This is going to sound harsh

Old 04-30-2005, 01:22 AM

Hey Ant, better to keep quiet and have people consider you a fool, than open your mouth and confirm it.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-30-2005, 02:01 AM

Okay, which one of you wanabe retouchers stole ant's client?

Last edited by cardmnal; 04-30-2005 at 02:02 AM. Reason: forgot my emoticon...hehehe
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-30-2005, 10:12 AM

Things I've learned on the way to my "seniority":

I don't have to be perfect; I only have to try my best and enjoy what I'm doing while I'm doing it.

I don't have to be a professional at everything I do, only act in a professional manner when the occasion calls for it.

I don't have to know everything, but use the things I do know to broaden my mind and learn more.

Keep things in perspective: owning a hammer does not make me a carpenter but I don't need a carpenter to drive a nail in the wall so I can hang a picture. Using an image software does not make me a restorer, but I can enjoy the picture I've lovingly cleaned and repaired.

I don't have to be what others expect me to be; I only have to be what is true for me.

And I don't have to let someone else's arrogant attitude diminish my pride and enjoyment in the things I do!

Attitudes, like opinions, are free; everyone has one. Too often those with a bad attitude are more aggressive in sharing their feelings. Thank you to all the RP members who have rallied to dispel the dark clouds raised by one person. And thank you to Ant for giving us a rallying point!

MaryLynn
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-30-2005, 11:44 AM

AMEN MaryLynn. Thank you.

Janet
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-01-2005, 01:44 PM

Personally, I don't think Ant deserves a thank you whatsoever. He is nasty, condesending, and seems to have missed the point entirely as to what this forum is about. I'm not sure why he continues to hang around here if he thinks we're all such losers, and I definitely don't think we should be giving him any more attention than he's already gotten. By reacting to his vitriole, we're giving him what he wants. Why not just kick him out? This forum is meant to help, learn from, and support eachother. Who needs this ingrate?
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-01-2005, 07:02 PM

Well Ant i find you very rude, so excuse me if i don't welcome you to the forum.

Have a lovely day/evening everyone else.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-01-2005, 07:25 PM

Oh wow!

Maybe some one gave him the same advice and he's just passing it on!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-01-2005, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkidjr
Personally, I don't think Ant deserves a thank you whatsoever. He is nasty, condesending, and seems to have missed the point entirely as to what this forum is about. I'm not sure why he continues to hang around here if he thinks we're all such losers, and I definitely don't think we should be giving him any more attention than he's already gotten. By reacting to his vitriole, we're giving him what he wants. Why not just kick him out? This forum is meant to help, learn from, and support eachother. Who needs this ingrate?
You hit the nail on the head!
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-01-2005, 11:14 PM

Bertrand Russell:

"Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd."

Eleanor Holmes Norton:

"The only way to make sure people you agree with can speak is to support the rights of people you don't agree with."

I hope we're not showing ourselves to be an intolerant bunch! I've noticed there have been several posts in regards to the contest where feelings are being strongly expressed. I applaud those who have done so. I've also posted a few opinions in the past myself that have been either erroneous or I was just too pissed not to care but I say good fun anyhow.

Ant has admitted he's an ass, at least in terms of his post but he also indicated that he is trying to help. Surely, we're not a pack of lambs that can't handle the occasional wolf in our midst. Controversy can promote growth. Hopefully, Ant can explain himself a little further, hopefully in a less inflammatory manner. Better still, I hope he will share whatever knowledge and skills he may have to help us all improve. Perhaps he'll do nothing which again is fine by me.

And by the way, the day we kick someone out for their views is the day I leave this forum. Sometimes, I really think we need to give our collective heads a shake.

Cheers
Duv
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-01-2005, 11:25 PM

I don't have a problem with people expressing themselves. But why join a forum only to deliberately insult everyone? If he was offering constructive criticism, that's fine. We can all use that. But it seems to me this guy is just flaming, for the sake of being a nasty jerk. Isn't that usually when people get asked to leave a forum? I am not sure what, in his post, was meant to be helpful.

Just my 2 cents.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs