Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Money via RP?

Old 07-08-2005, 01:14 PM
Money via RP?

I'm posting this in Work/Jobs since its the only relevant subforum for this question:

Has anything you've gotten via RetouchPRO (information, contacts, technique, business advice, etc.) been directly or indirectly responsible for you making any money?

No need to go into specifics, and this isn't leading to anything, I just would like to know.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-08-2005, 04:33 PM
My passion for and interest in "photo-art" manipulations of portrait-type images has begun to payoff. My affiliation with RP has resulted in knowledge about actions, batch processing, the Microsoft Impressionist plugin, Jasc Virtual Painter, Corel Painter, plugins, layers, masking, etc. -- all parts of my photo-art bag of tricks -- as well as contacts with others on this and other forums who share my interests.

This knowlege/contact infusion all started about three years ago when the PA forum was hatched.
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-08-2005, 09:52 PM
Like Danny all the information I have gained from RP both in the Restoration/Retouching area and the Photo Art has been of use in paying projects. I know that my skill levels have increased enormously since I joined RP.

Reply With Quote top
Old 10-10-2005, 08:26 PM
I have picked up a handful of clients from here :-)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-10-2005, 09:36 PM
Not so far.

As for jobs..... I don't even have my website listed in my profile here.

I'm too paranoid someone might try to hire me.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-11-2005, 03:43 AM
Yes, a couple of approaches to do work. Thanks Doug

Oh - and a huge amount of knowledge!
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-11-2005, 07:16 AM
Pageant/modeling folks don't seem to read the retouch forms too much. I've only had one mention seeing me on here and they were appalled at my business approach to pageant retouching. They paraphrased some of my posts and tried to hurt my business. They couldn't believe that I actually disagreed with some of the practices I've seen. Lovely folks.

What I have gained is the sense that I am not alone. There are people that share my interests out there and go through similar situations. When in a sticky spot someone always has useful insite. I am constantly in awe of the talent here. The techniques and tips are shared openly. Truely great place.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-11-2005, 08:12 AM
I haven't made any money as a result of being with Retouch Pro however I have gained in knowledge, I have done a few love jobs, and have broken free of some of my limitations by being stretched beyond what I thought I was capable of.

Retouch Pro is a great place, as there is no obvious clash of egos and everyone is so supportive and helpful of each other. It is trully an environment of learning, continuing education, help and support and a wonderful site to have an association with.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs