Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Leads - What would you pay?

Old 09-01-2005, 07:39 PM
Leads - What would you pay?

What would you pay for restoration leads? Suppose someone has a website where they get lots of people who come looking for photo restoration, they fill out a form, submit their photo, and the web owner wants to give you that information exclusively - how much would you pay per lead? I know there is the idea of a percentage of what the sale is, but what if you just sold the leads? How much per lead?

ps. I never use this site anymore because I have to turn off my Norton IS to see anything and then I get all sorts of popups - any ideas on this - the help on the home page is not helping me - I don't have this issue with any other website.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-01-2005, 10:28 PM
depends on how much of a whale these leads are.

I wouldn't pay $50 for a lead the got me one job that billed at $100

Not worth my time.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-02-2005, 03:20 AM
I'd never pay for leads (and I ran a sales company for 10 years).

And if you're getting popups, you got spyware. Start another thread about it and we'll see if we can get you cleaned up.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-02-2005, 01:01 PM
Just a thought on security

This advice will only help a few but I have to say I have no fear of viruses or simular hassles. In fact I have none of the security apparatus to slow things at all.
Also I should mention that I have partitioned my hard drive and keep my files on another partition ... 2 HardDrives amount to the same.

I use restore points and can at any time just let the computer spend 5 minutes restoring itself to a pristine and very much faster time.

But I have an important twist

I Have a permanent restore point that has only been online once.

I began with a clean install (win2000pro) and because microsoft doesn't seem to allow us to copy and file upgrades for later use I had to go online for ServicePack4 ... that done i then installed all the permanent software (and set the preferences to) i could think of... avoiding anything I may uninstalled later.. leaving clutter.

once done I ran the defragger then saved it as a permanent restore point.

Now I was free to go online to Trend Micro's "houseCall" and assure myself I hadn't been affected while downloading that SP4.
Soon I discovered I hadn't been so slick after all and had overlooked things.. That isn't a problem.. install or do whatever you want.. but put everything on a list that you want to permantly have installed etc.
The beauty of this is you can try lots of things without fear... uninstalling (or not) at will. but only list the good things.
So then when you have a little time on your hands and a list of improvements return the computer to the permanent restore point first then make your changes without going online.
Most of the changes and software that come from online allow you to download and save them on the other partition for this method.

After I have finished I again defrag and then save this restore point as Temporary for a short while before making it the Permanent restore point.. This will allow you to check for problems before including it in the permanent one.. my software only allows one Permanent Restore point and I've found that temporary ones can be distroyed while playing with large files ... such as numerous Videos.

Eventually I have ended up with a very complete restore point.. All my preferences etc. are set so that there is little inconvience restoring the computer... often just for speed. I even took the time once while going thru my "list" to open every folder with pix in PhotoShop so that the browser had thumbnails.. PS keeps those on "C" even though my photos are on "D"

I have lots of software.. when I use my restore point "C" has grown to 3gigs but because of defragging it is still very quick.

The most Important part is always to return to the Permanent restore point ... Even if you soon discover you have missed something.. put it on the list for the next time.

If something must be upgraded or downloaded online do so after returning to the restore point then save it as A temporary until you've had your hard drive scanned at "housecall" or whatever. always good to wait a few days before making changes to that sole permanent restore point.

But after that you are free to play and experiment without inviting disaster.

somethings will be lost on "C" ... in my case addresses and Favorites... That is easily fixed by export/import to the other partition..

Ok well as I said not for everyone but for those who like to kick the PC's tires now and then I think you may enjoy nay love this.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2005, 02:41 AM
Originally Posted by Photo678
depends on how much of a whale these leads are.

I wouldn't pay $50 for a lead the got me one job that billed at $100

Not worth my time.
I mean leads that come in through a legitamate website, with photos, some of them actually orders.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs