Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Do Most Photographers......

Old 10-26-2005, 10:21 AM

What I mean is that the photographer can send the images to the retoucher, via Internet, in any part of the world.

Higher end stuff would be difficult, but at the low end there's no problem.

See the classifieds. There are a few invites there for this type of work.

Reply With Quote top
Old 11-25-2005, 02:09 AM
I don`t know if this is still of interest. But i wouldnt even step out of the door of my appartment for one dollar a picture. I really don`t know where you all live but in Paris I would be sleeping under bridge by now.
The average rate for retouching for Fashion / Lifestyle photography starts at 100 Euros/ hour and goes up to 500 Euros/ hour in Paris.
Obviously this market is very competive but it is still a market what isnt saturated. The best example is a friend of mine he worked as a hairdresser until 2 years ago and then started to get in to fashion retouching. He is now making so much money you wouldnt believe it if I will tell you.
What I want to say is that you shouldnt sell out on any means to be a retoucher. There are also otherways to make your living.

Anyways thats my bit to the topic.

Reply With Quote top
Old 01-09-2006, 05:39 PM
I do all my own retouching and I learn along the way. I'm always on the look out to get better. Photoshop is an amazing tool and I say I use 3% (so what, i'm shooting high) of all it entails. I'd love to bring on someone that could edit the chosen images from my shoots, but often wonder how likely is it. That being said, I don't ever want to give up learning and putzing around with photoshop.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-10-2006, 09:38 AM

I don't agree with Ro, I'm in a different country and I can provide a high end image via Internet, I'm a photographer and graphic designer and I know that each photographer can't do their own retouch, so I provide this service and they can upload and download their work and my retouches with a FTP server. And talking about the quality.... that's when the emails become important, with each mail I can comunicate with the clients so they'll know what I'm doing and what's happening with the image. Of course you can send a proof image first so the client see what have you done. Be sure they'll reply you with all the corrections.

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs