RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Setting hours

View Poll Results: What kind of hours do you work?
I work specific hours of the day and then quit 2 9.52%
I work when I can off and on but not too long 7 33.33%
I find myself working pretty much all day every day 12 57.14%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-16-2005, 07:13 PM

Setting hours

If you work out of your home office, how do you go about setting your hours?
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-16-2005, 09:36 PM

I'm just starting out with my r&r business. I am, more often than not, a stay at home dad and I am also a freelance trombonist. My r&r work generally gets done after the kids go to bed when I can concentrate for extended periods of time without hearing "Daaaaad?".

I have a friend who runs a business from his home as well. He has no kids and he has been a big supporter of me starting my business. One of the things he stresses his controlling the hours within which you work. Ha! If I could only do that!

I work when I can, that's the bottom line.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-16-2005, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley guy
My r&r work generally gets done after the kids go to bed when I can concentrate for extended periods of time without hearing "Daaaaad?".
LOL I know that tune too well, I'm a stay at home mom with four kids. I find myself working throughout the whole day and everyday due to the interruptions and unfortunately I'm so drained by the time they go to bed that I can't do my best work. My twins are in the 2 almost 3 stage so even the two of them exhaust me. Plus, I am so gungho about getting this business with a steady inflow because I'm dying to see my husband more. He's working from 8am til about 11:30 at night right now. I'm hoping to someday keep more of a scheduale but I don't know how long that will take. I'd like to work from about 9-3 or 4 and then maybe briefly again in the evenings to do my budgeting etc. That way I'm only working while the big kids are in school.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-16-2005, 11:56 PM

I work when I have work, day and night.

Play computer games when I don't.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-17-2005, 03:16 PM

I used to try to start work and 9am and finnish at 5pm. But that didn't work so now I work from the time I get up (about 6am) and go throught untill I'm tired, usually about 6pm. But saying that I do take breaks during the day to do all the normal household things like washing and cleaning.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-17-2005, 03:49 PM

I get up before work and work, and then I go to work and when I come home I take about 2 hours to eat dinner, catch up with family and then it is back to work before I fall asleep and wake to start another day.

I am hoping there will be a point where I can break away from the job in the middle.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-24-2005, 06:35 PM

Shoot!!

I need a laptop, because I do graveyard shift security, and we don't do a whole lot!! I can run a business while earning my $10/hr paycheck!! Now can everybody chip in to get me a laptop? Lol. $10 from everyone should do it!!
And I'll pay all of yall back helpin yall out w/ your jobs for free. That way when all is done I'll have an extensive potfolio. Good deal huh?!?!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs