Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Receiving photos that look shopped

Old 11-08-2005, 07:45 PM
Receiving photos that look shopped

I am just curious if any of you have had photos submitted to you that look like someone already tried to fix them but they say nothing has ever been done to them. How do you handle them if you do? I mean on one of the photos I just received part of the background is duplicated but how can I tell if this is just some strange occurance of double exposure or not? Plus part of the street looks cloned to me. In fact a whole body part looks cloned out as well. I'm just wondering if anyone else has run into this kind of thing.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-08-2005, 08:49 PM
I would imagine it should be pretty easy to determine if the images have been manipulated. I've never run across that myself, but if I did I'd probably tell the customer (of course, more likely than not, they already know it) and ask if they have an untouched image or an original that can be scanned. If not, you may need to decide whether or not you want to take it on with what they give you.

- Kurt
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-09-2005, 08:19 AM
I've been asked to "fix" numerous other retouches in the past with glamour and pageant photos. Its sad to think about it because not only did the client have to pay for the previous work they end up paying me as well. I always ask for the orginal, but alot of times its been lost or misplaced.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-09-2005, 06:47 PM
I was just hired to retouch jewely that was retouched already. I had to ask for the originals because the files sent to me were so over sharpend so much there wasn't much pixel information in the diamonds to work with. They told the customer that is how you make the jewels sparkle!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs