Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

making 2 different portraits look equal, as if shot same time

Old 02-23-2006, 03:10 AM
making 2 different portraits look equal, as if shot same time

do you think it is possible to adjust 2 different portraits of men, as if they were shot same locationa and with same light, time etc..?

i would get one headshot of an actor. this is the main one. then i would have to adjust the 10 other portraits as they were shot with the actor. for a commercial.

i never did it, so i am not sure if i could handle this. i dont want to produce dissapointement

what would you say? try one and then say if i can do the job or not? i am not sure. it sounds too unprofessional.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-23-2006, 09:22 AM
Have you seen the pics? It might be possible, it might not be possible. If one is a high key studio shot and the others are candids off of a point and shoot camera, it will be next to impossible to make them similar.

So ask them to send examples. It's not unprofessional to ask to see something before you commit to working on it. If it looks next to impossible, don't be afraid to let them know. sometimes people have the impression that ANYTHING can be done in this age. And for the most part that is true....but remember, garbage in, garbage out.

Good luck.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-23-2006, 10:04 AM
Yes, you can tell: Let me see the shots to give you my price. This way "it sounds professional".

Well, translate that to german

Also, you can do whatever in Photoshop, if they give you the right price
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-23-2006, 02:02 PM
If the light is not from the same direction—and you were trying to make it appear as it were—there would be major, if not impossible, editing. If it is simply matching contrast and temperature it may be entirely possible. See the examples with your own eyes before commiting...skip
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-24-2006, 01:32 AM
....i have the layouts here. its a simple headshot, front, the other candidates are also taken plain frontally, with simple studio light from all sides. they are all extracted from original background and set to a lightblue skyline of their cities.

i think its possible. i am only careful as i never did it. so its new.

your right, i will talk about this with the agent.

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs