RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Professional Ret. Techniques in commercials

Old 08-09-2006, 04:47 AM

tried it.
they overuse it in the TV-newspapers and some ads.
it looks artificial. maybe using it and decreasing the kodak-layer to 20% ?
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-14-2006, 12:45 PM

Newbie nothing can beat clone stamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akbar Tahir
Hello everyone
I just want all of you to look at my work and please have a close eye on skin texture and sharpness of the photograph..and important thing each of these photos have taken not more then 5 minutes.. i have quickest and best tools
please reply if anybody's interested

hai

nothing can beat clone stamp i did in only 3 minutes to for this results
Attached Images
File Type: jpg original x copy.jpg (55.0 KB, 412 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2006, 04:52 AM

Image from my Website

Tahir...

I see that you are using an image from my site.

Also come clean... you are not using Photoshop but another piece of software - why the big secret??
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2006, 05:43 AM

C'mon Tahir - spill the beans

Tahir,

I think Shelby has made an interesting observation; I'd very much like to know what tools you are using to get a result like that in just 5 minutes (if you're not using PS and Ro's de-grunge technique, or something very similar).

I'm also curious as to why you haven't revealed your technique in any of your posts. I guess if you wanna keep it a secret that's fine, but I'm pretty sure there are a lot of members who would be very interested to know what the process is.

P.S. Shelby - I can't get to your website - I just get re-directed to Pipex - thought you might want to know.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2006, 10:45 AM

site is down

yip, I need to sort out my hosting - Thanks anyway

Tahir... why be shy about it?
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-06-2006, 02:00 PM

Tahir's Skin

Well Tahir

I am glad that you have admitted that it is supposed to look plastic like. You have succeeded remarkably well. Whether you used a seperate piece of software as Shelby has suggested is your secret, although it is definetly achievable as you have said without cloning etc. in Photoshop. Scriptable even.
As many of you have seen from previous posts I do everything pixel by pixel. But I don't eliminate the need for cloning or healing.

Back to Pure's original frustration, you need to take the time that is needed to get the job done right. On my fashion and Beauty retouching I typically take at least 3 hours for skin work. My site www.christarantino.com is still in the works but should be up next week with some great examples of before and after.

Deadlines do need to be met. Understood. But you need to let the client, whether a photographer or a studio, know what a realistic time is truly going to be for the quality they are expecting. I have found that if you stick to that deadline and deliver the results then you have found a returning client.

Regards and good luck!

Chris
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-04-2006, 07:14 PM

Re: Tahir's Skin

Whether you used a seperate piece of software as Shelby has suggested is your secret

What software is this ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket1961
Well Tahir

I am glad that you have admitted that it is supposed to look plastic like. You have succeeded remarkably well. Whether you used a seperate piece of software as Shelby has suggested is your secret, although it is definetly achievable as you have said without cloning etc. in Photoshop. Scriptable even.
As many of you have seen from previous posts I do everything pixel by pixel. But I don't eliminate the need for cloning or healing.

Back to Pure's original frustration, you need to take the time that is needed to get the job done right. On my fashion and Beauty retouching I typically take at least 3 hours for skin work. My site www.christarantino.com is still in the works but should be up next week with some great examples of before and after.

Deadlines do need to be met. Understood. But you need to let the client, whether a photographer or a studio, know what a realistic time is truly going to be for the quality they are expecting. I have found that if you stick to that deadline and deliver the results then you have found a returning client.

Regards and good luck!

Chris
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-02-2006, 03:15 PM

Re: Professional Ret. Techniques in commercials

It is not actually what high end clients would want anyways. I did get PM regarding this software but i really dont think anything can over take Photoshop. Perhaps for the low end stuff it would be ok. It is something they have developed in Asia.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-29-2006, 06:26 AM

hi chris

i sent you some mail (laperlanegra)

regards

peter
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-22-2006, 08:52 PM

I'd like to know what this new software is also.

You can PM me if you are willing to reveal the secret!
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs