Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Starting a business

Old 12-31-2001, 01:54 AM

I am saving this page and going to re-read and research!
You are an "awsome" (as my neice would say) group! I could not imagine figuring all this out on my own and appreciate all your knowledge/experience/advice. It does sound scary but with all of your help I see it is within reach! Phew....need to get to work on updating my website and then...whooo hoo! Off to new adventures, well....still keeping my day job!
Thanks all
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-02-2002, 03:28 PM
Your doing business as license is from your county clerk. It will protect your name and names that sound just like it only within your county.

With that DBA I was able to get a doing business as checking account from my credit union. This is the best way to go as regualr business account cost a lot to use. This dba is not technically a business account but all places I have gone like sams and suppliers recognizeit as a businesss account. It is free with no charges for any part of it, just like my personal checking account at my credit union which doesn't give regular business account at all.

your income, minus your regular business expenses, from this business is treated exacly like any income you might derive from a hobby only requiring the addition of a schedule C on your taxes. If you incorporate you will find yur whole finanial situation more complicated and much more costly.

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs