RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Web site email

Old 12-28-2001, 10:39 PM

Web site email

I have a portfolio website and am wondering what is the best way to go about email. I am not going to advertise my service on any search engines, it is for my local area and friends and family. I have created an email account thru my server (I guess that is what you call it) with neomail. It is very plain but seems to work fine. I am just wondering what those of you with your own website do. I could have the email from the website forwarded to my home email, or I could create a different account name on my home email and just use that, or keep the email that the website server provides. What looks more proffesional? Say for example my email at my website is right now jill@pastandpresentphoto.com but I could create one for my home email that would be
pastandpresentphoto@msn.com
Does this rambling make sense?! Sorry if it doesn't...
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-28-2001, 10:59 PM

Yes you make sense. For mine, I just have my website e-mail address forewarded to my regular e-mail. I don't have a problem with it yet because of the low volume I get. Could be a problem if I got alot more e-mail generated from it. So I guess I'm not much help for you.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-28-2001, 11:24 PM

Forwarding your e-mail to another account is probably the easiets and best way when you have a low volume of e-mail comming in.

The nice thing abot forwarding it to something like a Yahoo account is that you can check it from anywhere, and if you get on some spam lists, you can delete the e-mail address and create a new one.

HTH

Paul Rupp
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2001, 02:13 AM

Talking

That does help, thank you both. I never thought of the spam attack....very good idea to forward to whatever address I choose...keeping the same for customers...see you guys are such a great help!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2001, 05:25 AM

I think it's better to use your business name in your email. To me, it's more professional looking, and also, another way to advertise.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2001, 09:53 AM

Jill

I agree with Vikki that it looks more professional to use your business name in your E-mail address. When I had a business web site, I set up a number of E-mail accounts, Gallen @xxxxx.com, Sales@ xxxxx.com, CustomerService@xxxxx.com and etc. I had all of the E-mail accounts on my web site forwarded to my home E-mail account. On all my business cards and letterhead I used the Business E-mail address and the URL of the web site. I also had my web site setup so I could send a reply or new E-mail to my customers using my web site E-mail. This way the customers send their E-mail to my site and got a reply from an address on my site.

George
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2001, 09:54 AM

I would vote for "jill@pastandpresentphoto.com" which you then forward to another account. Being able to check yahoo or another free account is definitely a plus when traveling. Having your website as part of your e-mail address is definitely good advertising. I go check out websites from people's e-mail addresses all the time.
Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2001, 11:14 AM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
I really like the way George handled it. With more than one address, the customer might feel as though if a problem arose, a larger company (which this suggests) might not be a fly-by-night operation, and easier to deal with. Just my two pennies.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2001, 04:36 PM

I also use "We" insead of "I" when talking about services I provide, that also makes the company sound larger and possibly more reliable.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-29-2001, 06:08 PM
Janitor

Wouldn't that be misleading, ie: dishonest? Shouldn't we aim to build an excellent reputation as an industry?
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs