Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Beginning In This Beautiful Business

Old 12-15-2006, 12:33 PM
Newbie Beginning In This Beautiful Business

Hi I'm Fatima D.
I'm new in this forum. Who invented this is a genius. I hadn't found something like this.
I have used Photoshop since 6 years ago because I'm a photographer and I do my own retouches, I do yearbooks and I use to do retouch in each student.
This forum I felt that opened the door to another world as a FREELANCE.

And I have some questions, I hope some of your can help me :
1.- I live in Mexico, If I do a retouch for a photographer in USA he will ask me for a receipt, because here in Mexico we use the ¨facturas¨ but I think is not valid in USA,
Or they don't need a receipt ?.

2.- How do you prefer to ship the pictures by FTP or e-mail ?
If is FTP how many space do you suggest me to hire. I hired 100MB disk space ( I just use 10MB ) with 10GB month file transfer, because was for my page.

3.- And which form of payment can you suggest me Pay Pal or deposit in a bank ?
I live close to the border (2hrs) could be better for to do a deposit if I open a count in a bank for USA maybe ¨Bank of America¨ that is national.

I'm very enthusiastic with this I hope will work for me, thanks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-19-2006, 09:02 PM
Re: Beginning In This Beautiful Business

Please answer me
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-29-2007, 02:02 AM

Hi Fatima,

I know this is an old post, but I am going to respond in case anyone else out there has these same questions.

First off, yes, you will be expected to send an "Invoice" or "Receipt" for payment. An Invoice is sent requesting payment, and a Receipt is sent after payment is made.

This can be a simple word document, and you will be able to find numerous examples on the Internet. You can even send them electronically through email. Just make sure they look professional.

FTP or Email? Generally, if you are working on high resolution, FTP will be required. Some email boxes will allow attachments of 10 Mb, but I am sure there are plenty out there with much lower limits. FTP transfers can be as simple as uploading te photo to a special directory on your website, and giving your customer the link to that file.

Payment Types. This is an important one because you are from a foreign country. People need to feel assured that they are not getting ripped off, and because of that, I suggest you accept multiple tyoes of payment. Make it their choice. Paypal is good because they can pay with their credit card, but I would also consider taking personal checks by mail if you are able to deposit them at your local bank.

Well Fatima, you probably are long gone and will never get to see this reply, but I hope it can help others out there.

-Guy Thomas
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-01-2007, 11:50 PM

If you use paypal, it is not only secure, but you can also send payment requests and they can get payment receipts directly through the service.. this may or may not eliminate that part of the process.

Paypal also has at least some level of security built in for both parties involved.

They do take about 4% of your payment, but in my experience it has always been well worth it and I use paypal for almost all of my business transactions.

Reply With Quote top
Old 06-03-2007, 11:43 AM

Thanks Guy Thomas and Kyo I will open an account in PayPal should be good as your say.
So do you know a good tutorial about Pay Pal ?
Thanks again, kisses.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs