Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Old 02-01-2007, 08:09 AM

what are the skills needed for a fashion/glamour retoucher.Any thoughts about this?

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-17-2007, 04:41 PM
Re: skills

I think becoming very advanced at using Photoshop is most important.
Learning the program itself, then knowing how to apply all the tools and techniques to images.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-17-2007, 06:19 PM

now i am just a novice at such things.. and i still have an awful lot to learn not just about photoshop but how to "see" a image, what to look for....

I would think that that it would help tremendously to have some sort of background/training in fashion photography!! to me it would help tremendously to know the basics and the terminology and techniques that are used.....
note: there a lot of websites that offers tips, mini course's and such on fashion/glamour photography..

knowing that then it really comes into play when you start talking to photographers/clients about there needs or some of your own projects on how things needs to be retouched..

and of course you definitely need to know your program that your going to do the retouching... not just the tools but also the techniques applying the tools to get the finish results you want... and practice is extremely important!!..

Originally Posted by zganie
what are the skills needed for a fashion/glamour retoucher.Any thoughts about this?

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-18-2007, 10:22 AM

Yes learning Photoshop is important. And if you have no Photography background, getting some experience is handy, even if it is some classes.

But start looking real hard at beauty and Fashion magazines to see how people are having their images retouched and try to figure out what they are doing to achieve it. Even if you don't figure it out, it will help you learn the program a lot better than reading a book on Photoshop. It will also give you an insight for what to do first etc when dealing with images.

Good Luck

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs