Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

CD Jewel Cases

Old 03-01-2002, 06:37 PM

When I first purchased the CD labeler program from NEATO, I got a small CD applicator device..for lack of a better term. You just peel the label according to their instructions, put it on the stand, and then place the CD and press the two like a charm. I've never had anyone complain about reading one of these CDs. I really like the system they developed for this.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-01-2002, 08:20 PM
Yeah, I got that plastic deal too and I messed up so many ways. I am not the most coordinated person. LOL. That's why I am clinging to this theory that labels are bad.

Reply With Quote top
Old 03-01-2002, 09:02 PM
Sharon, you're right about the adhesive corroding the reflective layer on the CD. I can't remember where I read it, but when (if) I find it, I'll post the URL. However, I'm sure that the label manufacturers have addressed this problem by now.

Equally as bad is using xylene-based inks to write on the CD. It's best to use alcohol or water-based ink and to use CDs with a coating to write on. On the same site, I read that some of the early music CDs died because of the inks used to label them. Remember, the reflective layer on the CD is very thin (~ micron). It doesn't take much to destroy it.

Another problem is caused by placing labels off-centre. This can throw the CD out of balance and damage the CD-reader. And as y'all know, once the label is stuck, there's no way that you can move it without destroying the CD.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs