RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Starting out and Zeroflaws.com?

Old 08-02-2007, 07:19 AM

Re: Starting out and Zeroflaws.com?

Lee, just a word of caution.

You still don't really know anything about Zeroflaws, and I certainly wouldn't be giving my SS number to anyone I hadn't checked out fully.

Lucas@ZeroFlaws may be legit, but it is his first post here, and you still haven't checked things out with an independent and trustworthy source, until you have I'd refrain from giving out personal information.

Ask for company details that can be checked with the relevant authorities. If this is a legit set up they should be more than willing to give them to you.

The internet is full of extremely personable and believable criminals and rogues, and until you establish that Lucas is not one of these be cautious.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-02-2007, 03:11 PM

Smile Re: Starting out and Zeroflaws.com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbphoto View Post
Lucas,
Thanks for your reply! I actually wasn't expecting anymore posts from anyone, let alone the founder of Zeroflaws :-)

I understand it's the norm that most jobs require a SS#, but I guess you can't blame me for being a little cautious, especially with the internet and all.
When applying, would it possible to send samples of my own work instead of doing a sample sent from the company?

Thanks again for your reply.

Regards,
Lee
Lee,

I absolutely understand your reservations with the SS#. And yes you can send us some of your own work, but we will still require you to attempt the edits requested in the sample we provide in order to establish consistency in our evaluation.

To speak to Garry’s comments. We were previously called PhotoChop.com, so I understand that there has been little press on “Zero Flaws inc.”, since we just made the change this past June. I do how ever have some articles that you can read while we were under the previous name.

http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/apps/p...036/BUSINESS01

http://tech.yahoo.com/blog/devlin/4537

Thanks again for your interest and have a great day,

Lucas Dexter
ldexter@ZeroFlaws.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-03-2007, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Richardson View Post
Lee, just a word of caution.

You still don't really know anything about Zeroflaws, and I certainly wouldn't be giving my SS number to anyone I hadn't checked out fully.

Lucas@ZeroFlaws may be legit, but it is his first post here, and you still haven't checked things out with an independent and trustworthy source, until you have I'd refrain from giving out personal information.

Ask for company details that can be checked with the relevant authorities. If this is a legit set up they should be more than willing to give them to you.

The internet is full of extremely personable and believable criminals and rogues, and until you establish that Lucas is not one of these be cautious.
Thanks for your concern Gary, I did notice that it was his first and only post. I am still being cautious, and I have been gathering whatever info that I can. And I haven't given out my personal info.

Lucas-If you really are legit, I apologize if my posts are causing any kind of annoyance, I mean, it shouldn't if you are legit anyway. Like what Gary basically said, it's important to research a company that you don't know much about before you get involved with them.

I appreciate everyone's posts!

Regards,
Lee
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-03-2007, 04:45 PM
Janitor

Lucas could view this as invaluable marketing research. I know I would.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-03-2007, 05:32 PM

Thumbs up Re: Starting out and Zeroflaws.com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbphoto View Post
Lucas-If you really are legit, I apologize if my posts are causing any kind of annoyance, I mean, it shouldn't if you are legit anyway. Like what Gary basically said, it's important to research a company that you don't know much about before you get involved with them.

I appreciate everyone's posts!

Regards,
Lee

No need for an apology Lee. As Doug noted, this has been great feedback and we will be changing our policy in the new release of our site do out next month. We will no longer require SS#s until the approach of the editor making $600 in a year through our service.

=)

Lucas
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-09-2007, 03:14 PM

If Zero Flaws is the same company as Photochop, with the same policies and pay scale, do not bother. Their price per image retouch request is not worth it, especially if being paid is dependent upon some unknown customer being perfectly satisfied with your work. If what you did was not quite what they had in mind, they can throw the job back up into the queu for another retoucher to work on....and you will get nothing for your efforts.

I, out of curiousity, did Photochop's ridiculous, yet difficult retouching sample request (taking elements from a wedding party and putting them on a tropical beach.....and did a very good job with a lot of time spent), was "hired", spent a lot more time on a couple of retouch jobs for them, didn't get paid the $3.00 USD or so I should have, and then got an email from Photochop saying that my application was rejected.

My thoughts were: "Huh?" and "Whatever".......

Too bad they aren't recruiting in India, because third world countries are the only places with retouchers who can possibly pay their bills on that wage.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2007, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neen273 View Post
If Zero Flaws is the same company as Photochop,
Neen273,

Sorry for the delay in responce.

ZeroFlaws is a new company based on the same rough principals that PhotoChop was. We have a new executive team and will be relaunching our site and services in the near future. We are aware of the difficulties that PhotoChop had and continue to optomize the experience for both the editor and the customer.

I looked into your account, it did show that your payment was sent. Please e-mail me if you did not recieve it.

Thank you,

Lucas Dexter
ldexter@zeroflaws.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2007, 08:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neen273 View Post

Too bad they aren't recruiting in India, because third world countries are the only places with retouchers who can possibly pay their bills on that wage.

i found out r.r.donnelly and quebecor are sending some of their photoshop work to India, so it's only a matter of time before Quad and some of the other larger printers follow suit...
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-21-2007, 07:10 PM

I work with Quad, no talk of doing anything like that as of yet. Not that they would ever dare let that info get out to the employees. Lets hope it won't happen, they employ a lot of people. Its a really shitty thing to do. But, thats coorporate America for you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-21-2007, 07:41 PM

corporate indeed, i had an interview at r.r.donnelly recently and he told me straight out that they employ 250 people in India who only make clipping paths and masks..as soon as 1 big company starts doing it, the rest will soon do the same...
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs