RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

work available

Old 09-24-2007, 07:22 AM

work available

I came across this site PICTISMO.com dont know if its been mentioned on here before.Its a retouching job site you can join for free and bid on jobs so maybe check it out

zganie
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-24-2007, 07:58 AM

Re: work available

"You don't pay anything until you like what you see.
Once you are happy with the final image the artist uploads
to you, you may pay and download at that time".

how is this possible, and why this site is putting this very bad habbit of customers online...
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-10-2007, 07:17 AM

Has anyone tried this site? signed up etc??
Just wondering.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-10-2007, 10:03 AM

I have. They have what they call free for all. You download the pic that the client posts and you can retouch your interpretation and re-post the image (it automatically has a watermark put over it) along with your price. You're also able to see what all the other artists have posted as well. The client can then choose the image they like best, pay and download the final.
What I've noticed about this site is that most of the people who put images on up for retouching really have no intentions of purchasing. There are several people who have posted a dozen or so images since the site began and have yet to purchase a single one.
Don't get me wrong, not everyone is like that, several people do purchase the final images, but they are few and far between compared to those who don't.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-10-2007, 01:12 PM

That sight is a joke people are doing retouching for $5.00,subtract the $2.00
they take and $1.00 they say paypal charges what the hey your making a mint, plus as was previously mentioned lots of the clients dont even buy it
and its all on speculation.This is exactly what i mentioned in another post people will work for nothing, I mean if its just a hobby great but it kills it for people trying to make a living

just my opinion zganie
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-11-2007, 04:21 AM

I wouldn't expect to make a living out of this site but for practice it might be ok for a couple of times... I did have a go but when I posted up the image the person had already chosen someone but the 'winner' left a message saying 'do you still want me to do the work or cancel' so I'm not sure what that means really!!!!
They need a deadline listed and a forum so people can actually comunicate / also a way to know if they are reliable... ie: pay for work done.
Anyone know of a better site that is similar for newbies to practice on (my retouching is not as bad as some of the examples on the site - I'm sure everyone says that though lol! I do work as a low level retoucher but I'm currently in a job that just cleans images and that's it - need better practice)
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-11-2007, 07:14 PM

hehe i dont now .. i dont like practice on this site ... its funny 5$- 40 $ per image its not fair - JOKE
.. heh ... better practise is editing photos on contests, publish in gallery ( photoshop advanced magazine, retuchpro board sometimes im edit photos for my friends ( works as photographers ) - its training for me only , no money ... any positive satisfaction

lenny chceck in photographic boards, cg forums, deviant art? ..
http://www.dontpaniconline.com/designaposter/ if you strong in creative try lovley picture .. tuned in ph .. + any txt = poster hehe

if you need photos big libary : www.sxc.hu ;D
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-12-2007, 04:17 AM

Thanks Hubii... I'll have a look at those.
I don't mind not getting paid as I need practice but just thinking a little pocket money would be nice and making pics nicer for people who don't have access or the money for proper retouching/restoration of their pics would be useful... tends to make it more personal.
That site is a good idea but as usual doesn't quite work!
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-13-2007, 12:56 PM

wow. Hubii - thanks for the ideas and links - like Lenny, I'm looking for projects to practice on.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-13-2007, 08:29 PM

Talking Re: work available

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbellina View Post
wow. Hubii - thanks for the ideas and links - like Lenny, I'm looking for projects to practice on.
jeah no problem
if i have time, im making any posters but its only - practice

work work work... training .... ist only way to be better i think : )))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
Thanks Hubii... I'll have a look at those.
I don't mind not getting paid as I need practice but just thinking a little pocket money would be nice and making pics nicer for people who don't have access or the money for proper retouching/restoration of their pics would be useful... tends to make it more personal.
That site is a good idea but as usual doesn't quite work!
yes .. traning and make the money is very good way i looking any job in retoching in london but the demands is high i dont now whats my level of retouching is ... on this moment im only retouching for my satisfaction and traning

Last edited by hubiii; 10-13-2007 at 08:36 PM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs