Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Retouching work in Louisville, Ky

Old 03-22-2008, 11:54 AM
Retouching work in Louisville, Ky

I've very recently re-located to Louisville from NYC and finding work in my field has been pretty discouraging. I know that somewhere in the city of Louisville, someone is in need of an accomplished Photoshop guy but finding them is not easy. I've contacted some employment agencies, and when I say "I'm a digital retoucher", I get this silence and though I'd just spoken in a foreign language. So if anyone has any digital imaging connections in or around the Louisville area, I'd greatly appreciate your contact.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-28-2008, 07:16 PM
Re: Retouching work in Louisville, Ky

Hi Digitalartetc.
I did some contract work in New Albany, IN which is accross the bridge from LouVul, KY. However, I was more of a Production Artist. A lot of Quark and some Photoshop work. My old company is called TMP Worldwide, who used to own but now it's the other way around. If you're searching for a job in the graphic arts field, this may be a good choice. Not a lot of creativity, however. If you solely want to do retouch, then I don't know of any colorhouses. I don't believe there's a lot of work as far as retouching goes over there. Try to do a search for pre-press house or color house in Louisville. Contact photographers. However, photographers don't pay well unless they are established, well known, and charges their clients an arm and a leg.

I know my current company (RR Donnelley) has a Press facility in KY and we're actually looking for Retouchers. However, the retouch work is in SF where I am. Check out craigslist in San Francisco just to get an idea.

Anyways, good luck on your search and best to you.

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs