Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Not getting any work, should I lower rate?

Old 07-18-2008, 02:44 PM
Re: Not getting any work, should I lower rate?

Get better
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Re: Not getting any work, should I lower rate?

Originally Posted by TommyO View Post
- Your rate is fine, maybe too low.
- Your website will not attract customers without further advertising. I'm sure you are advertising. But, you must advertise alot. You will only get 1 out of every 100 potential clients.
- Your website "about me" does not tell us about "you"... only your rates. Add something about your experience, clients, depth of styles your work with, etc.
- Don't tell us how long things take. Just tell us what you can do. We know how long it takes and we know you're going to charge for your time. That's Ok.
- Take out the phrase "I am here to find work". Not professional, and sounds desparate. This may be why you're there, but a customer wants to hear about why you can meet their requirements.
- And yes, add more before & afters. Label them. Sometimes, we cannot tell what is before or after.... especially when they are of different sizes.

Hopefully you'll find this helpful. Good luck ! It's very competitive out there, so hang in there !

Good advice
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs