RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Outsourcing Retouching Services To India?

Old 02-16-2010, 01:04 PM

Re: Outsourcing Retouching Services To India?

I'm male...and married...but shes my first wife!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-16-2010, 01:28 PM

That's good. I don't know in your country, but in mine it's not so common people getting married or living an stable relationship. I've the girlfriend I got the first time, and we have 3 years together. We love us a lot!
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-16-2010, 01:44 PM

Women have the eggs and naturally want a stable relationship to raise the children.
Men have the sperm & want more sex, so women have to convince them otherwise.

That often leads to conflict between the sexes because of their motivation.
You sound like your married but don't realize it. Good Luck!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2010, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesicaMitchell View Post
The problem is NOT that big business people do not have morals... the 'problem' is that the average consumer wants everything faster and cheaper!! In actuality, this makes 'big business' the intelligent and savvy folks.. they've figured out how to supply that demand.

Innovation of the market is why they are making the money while arrogant artists are still trying to sell their services for $50/hour to the 'main stream' market (unsuccessfully). Believe me, I was there not too long ago.!

If an artists skills cannot reach that sliver of high-end photography... pack your bags and sign up for $0.50/image in Mumbai.. oh, and grab a copy 'The World is Flat' by Thomas Friedman on your way to the airport..
Agree with Jessica...
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2010, 04:56 AM

Smile Re: Outsourcing Retouching Services To India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetouchMasters View Post
I don't know how about outsourcing retouching but some time ago I've made an experiment. I've ousourced some of my webdesign work to India.. and lets just say.. I'm happy I've used an escrow.. and it ended with a mediation procedure and a 100% money-back refund for me. Since that time, I'm saying a big, fat "NO" to all Indian "experst".

Cheers,

Vlad
You picked the sour grape from the bunch of sweet ones...
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2010, 05:10 AM

Friends, Great to read all your views and opinions. Even if we are in US UK or India, we are on the same EARTH. Already there are so many factors to discriminate us so atleast not make out-sourcing one of them. Lets do our best work and make masterpieces to make the world proud of!
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2010, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryapuranik View Post
Friends, Great to read all your views and opinions. Even if we are in US UK or India, we are on the same EARTH.
Not sure, but you sound like you are on the receiving end of outsourcing from the sound of your rhetoric. Lost jobs and reduced wages are on the other end. Hope you don't expect those people to be rejoicing about the same EARTH.

The same EARTH is where countless wars have been waged since the dawn of man and the birth of civilization.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-02-2010, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suryapuranik View Post
Friends, Great to read all your views and opinions. Even if we are in US UK or India, we are on the same EARTH. Already there are so many factors to discriminate us so atleast not make out-sourcing one of them. Lets do our best work and make masterpieces to make the world proud of!
Speaking out against outsourcing has nothing to do with discrimination. I don't hold any ill will to the people of India who are doing the work. The companies here in the US sending the work overseas and handing out big bonuses to the people who are putting Americans out of work is another matter, as are the companies in India that are pricing their work at rates that are so low that we cannot compete when they could be making a larger profit by charging US rates and increase their profits and the pay of the people who are doing the work there.

As an American I see this as much more than just a bit of money saved by one company. There is a ripple effect as the money leaves our shores the company saves tax dollars and puts someone out of work, who is paying taxes. That cuts our governments tax revenue, as well as reduces the amount of consumer spending which drives our economy. It will eventually lead to higher taxes for everyone working here, and will push down pay rates while cost of living stays the same. At the same time it weakens our economy.

The United States needs to take a hint from India here and stop giving tax breaks for outsourcing our jobs and put some measure in place to keep them here similar when India stopped importing Chinese toys last year.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-28-2011, 01:33 AM

Hi Sir,

I have the sound experience to deal with every kind of image processing projects and deliver the excellent in your rates.

Thanks
Arvind
Plz contact me at
info@photostouching.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-04-2011, 10:30 PM

lol funny thread. The moral of the story is stick to high-end if you are in low end business it is gonna happen.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs