RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Attention all photogs! Please help!

Old 09-30-2008, 03:34 AM

Attention all photogs! Please help!

Hey guys! Not sure if this is the right forum to post this...sorry if it isn't and feel free to move it.

Anyway, basically, I need photos to retouch. NOT stock photos. I'm trying to get into freelance retouching because I love to do it (and I desperately need money). I can only work from home so it's one of the only job choices I have right now. I'm really trying to flesh out my portfolio and I've searched high and low through many, many stock photos and found very few that are professional looking enough that I actually want to put in my portfolio. So what I'm asking is this, is there any photographers (or models) here that would let me retouch and display their photo in my portfolio (which I may be posting at a number of places) and my eventual website? I would give you full credit (another reason I don't want stock photos is because it's difficult to actually credit the person by their REAL name...saying the photo is from "blahstock" over at Deviant Art doesn't sound too professional) and you would retain all the rights to your original photo. I'll even plug your website for you or something if you want...heh. All I ask is for quality photos (of people, preferably) that haven't already been retouched to death that I can display a "before and after" type thing. I may seem a bit desperate but I've been trying for nearly a year to get any type of work in retouching and finally decided I needed to get much more professional about this. And, as I said, I can only work from home. So please, if you can help me in any way, I will bow to you.
Here's my Deviant Art page with some examples of my work (along with my photography and modeling) so that you know I'm a real person: http://modelmeg2003.deviantart.com/
If you've made it to the end of this paragraph, I congratulate you and thank you for bearing with me.

P.S I will inform you and link you to any and all websites that I post your photo in. My parents are lawyers, I'm careful about this stuff.

Meghan
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-30-2008, 06:51 PM

Re: Attention all photogs! Please help!

someone posted some raw files a while back which were very nice but i can't remember his name...
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-01-2008, 05:01 AM

I think this is the thread you mean Pixelzombie

here

Palms
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-01-2008, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by palms1 View Post
I think this is the thread you mean Pixelzombie