RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Retouching help wanted for photographer!

Old 11-04-2008, 09:46 PM

Re: Retouching help wanted for photographer!

I do hope we can get more interest.
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-05-2008, 08:16 AM

Asher,

Chillin is helping me out....much appreciated.

RFG
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2008, 10:44 AM

i dont know if it's the size of the image or the camera settings but perhaps a higher iso when you shoot it

if your keeping it with those colours id recommend a basic clean up and maybe tone boost

i think most photographers should (if it's not just clean up work) consult with the retoucher for better results and for forsight of the finnished graphic/ image

speaking as a photographer and someone who's alreet in potatoshop

i think the image looks like it's shot on a high iso with the wrong white balance not my kinda thing but if it's what your trying to get then top marks

but then that's not the origional file is itttaaa

*firstpost*
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2008, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by designsex_co_uk View Post
i dont know if it's the size of the image or the camera settings but perhaps a higher iso when you shoot it
Are you saying that the pixels are not clean? This is taken, I believe with a Kodak 14N and likely at low ISO but I'd check with René.

if your keeping it with those colours id recommend a basic clean up and maybe tone boost [/quote]
Could you show what you mean. You may edit the image as you wish. It doesn't have to be perfect, just remain the original ©

Quote:
i think most photographers should (if it's not just clean up work) consult with the retoucher for better results and for forsight of the finnished graphic/ image
What do you mean by "consult with the retoucher". Is that ask what the retoucher might want to do to make the picture work better?

Quote:
speaking as a photographer and someone who's alreet in potatoshop
Do you mean speaking as a person who is very skilled in photoshop or one who is merely "alright" in photoshop?

Quote:
i think the image looks like it's shot on a high iso with the wrong white balance not my kinda thing but if it's what your trying to get then top marks
I too had reservations about the sky, but then, each person has a different vision and that's what makes it interesting!

Quote:
but then that's not the origional file is itttaaa

*firstpost*
The orignal file is available for a retouch artist who is skilled in photogshop, GIMP or other retouching software!

The latest work on this image is shown here.

Your input is appreciated! I'll let René know of your post so he can answer your questions. Meanwhile it would be interesting to see you ideas on "basic clean up and boosting of the tones"

Asher
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2008, 05:02 PM

It was shot at 160 ISO. Which is actually the lowest ISO setting for the kodak DCS SLR....The color was "adjusted" on purpose in first instance to have a much more purple skye.

A more recent touched up image was shown through the link in a previous post by Asher Kelman.

I do have the original tif, in case you are interested in working with it (39Mb).

R.F. Granaada
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2008, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
Are you saying that the pixels are not clean? This is taken, I believe with a Kodak 14N and likely at low ISO but I'd check with René.

if your keeping it with those colours id recommend a basic clean up and maybe tone boost
Could you show what you mean. You may edit the image as you wish. It doesn't have to be perfect, just remain the original ©

What do you mean by "consult with the retoucher". Is that ask what the retoucher might want to do to make the picture work better?

Do you mean speaking as a person who is very skilled in photoshop or one who is merely "alright" in photoshop?

i get paid for it my skillset in potato shop grows everyday as im sure most of yours does

I too had reservations about the sky, but then, each person has a different vision and that's what makes it interesting!

The orignal file is available for a retouch artist who is skilled in photogshop, GIMP or other retouching software!

The latest work on this image is shown here.

Your input is appreciated! I'll let René know of your post so he can answer your questions. Meanwhile it would be interesting to see you ideas on "basic clean up and boosting of the tones"

Asher[/QUOTE]

eesh here we go,

from the origional i'd as has been done move the branches out of the way
I'd also crop it at the end of the big branch i think if it was more subject and the tree rather than subject, tree and the rest of the scene (on the most left of the frame) i think the gradient sky would be suited ina landscape but im not feeling it and also the sundown/dusk orangei'd have maybe used some different gels or cast whatever

i mean if your creating images for adverts or montages it's nice to have a idea where they are going to end up before you take the shot then you can consider factors when setting your shot up such as theme or even tell the retoucher what you have in mind and he could advise problematics im not saying photographers havent don't factor these things in im just saying depending how far up the food chain you are the more a relationship is needed for beautiful visuals and images on behalf of creative direction photographer and retoucher

i get paid for it mostly portraiture/comps montages and cleanups for stock images ... my skillset in potatoshop grows everyday as im sure most of yours does

i had a little tinker with the image i didnt do much (my wacoms 8 miles away) and im sat on the sofa ... im not really sure about the image but the photo isn't really explaining it's self but i thought i'd get my hands dirty with you lot as im new hear .. and im expecting a lashing now

www.designsex.co.uk/touchy/screeny.png

id like to see this girl on a bike or a bonnet of a car ... i'd like to see a sweet girl against that tree with something more sinsear

but as always each to there own

i would like to have a look at the EXIF of the file also
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-04-2008, 09:45 PM

Desingsex, hello, Rene here, I had a look at how you worked on the photo and how you cropped it. and it does not do for me what i set out to do when I took the photo... which is about the connection there is between every woman for the "eternal" feminine part in her to what Native Americans call "Mother Earth", whatever that woman's personal tastes in life... so, to put it simply, the picture has two subjects (actually 3 if you also count the dead tree, slightly symbolic for her decadence), and the nature is as much a subject in the photo as the model/woman with the fetish boots. If you crop it that much you lose that whole idea, and the landscape just becomes a slightly out of place backdrop for a fetish model. Besides showing the relationship, I also want to show the contrast, I did create a version with a much starker looking sky on OPF, where the original thread is located.
I know this is not all that simple but it is not meant to be a simple photograph...Maybe I am asking too much from the viewer, but this is the idea I meant to put into it. If you want to work on the tiff file let me know, however at the moment I can't really afford putting much $$ as other people are allready working on the "challenge" and my finances at the moment are very limited.

RFG
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs