Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

I'm looking to start retouching, can you help?

Old 12-19-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm looking to start retouching, can you help?

By the end of the year I will be losing my full time job. I've been able to make supplemental income with photography on the weekends. I'd like to take this opportunity to start a career shift and start focusing more on photography and retouching.

I have extensive knowledge in Photoshop. My work has received praise from many photographers all over the US. I've shot a few covers for local publications, shot and edited the swimsuit calendars for the NBA basketball team Golden State Warriors, and have launched careers of models looking to get into the industry.

If your looking for someone dependable, trustworthy, detailed and punctual, please look further into my work and contact me if you would like to discuss further.

My website:

more updated work can be found here:

Thank you!

Last edited by GlamGuru; 12-19-2008 at 12:49 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-30-2008, 07:50 AM
Re: I'm looking to start retouching, can you help?

You Need A business plan
Find Clients you want to work with
make promo pieces and send to those clients
Promotion is pretty much all you will be doing in the begining but if someone likes your work you will get work
Make a 12 month plan not just a scattered one and keep to it ,if you really want it you have to work for it
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2009, 07:51 PM

Looking for help with creating a Business Plan?

Scope: Your strategy is the foundation of your business plan, be it for acquiring financing or just a better business. Develop a mindmap first of your landscape - i.e. Enterprise, Your product or service (what, how used), your market (by usage or other characteristics), Your marketing and sales (from brochures to channels), your competition (industry and specific players to you), Your production (or service delivery - how you produce), Your materials and inventory, Suppliers and Financials.

Test it: Even some of the best looking plans are flawed, so it would be a good idea to get it tested for Free. offer a no-cost assessment, along with helpful suggestions.

Sample: There are many formats for Business plans, but it's the strategy told within that makes the difference. Sample Business plans should only be reviewed for format vs. content. It's unlikely that you will find one appropriate to your business with a good strategy for you - Business plans are semi-confidential and no competitor with a good strategy will want it ever shown to his competition.

Note: The samples do work better during times of economic prosperity.

Thinking Strategy: Stories and case studies of great Business strategy are just the type of catalyst you need next to develop the strategy for your plans. Unlike sample business plans or fill-in templates, you shouldn't be looking for the specific tactics, but rather the strategy or objectives in play. As it's often difficult to find these sources, we've made many of them available at enjoy!

Strategy: Now write down (a) your key objectives for the next year (w/specific timing and cost figures), (b) your priorities, and finally, (c) A set of action plans for each objective.

Format: While there are many styles of plans, your only concern should be that it is in the format preferred by the SBA, banks and investors. Luckily, if you use any of the leading commercial Business Plan packages like those from Planware, BPlans, or Business Plan Pro, they are all compliant.

The Google Video referenced below (that we also use on our site) is packed with the information you need to put all the pieces together (except for possibly some additional research). We've reviewed a ton of videos, and could find no one else who offered better insights.

Closing: has turned the Business plan and strategy planning process into a combination of an art and a science. Please don't hesitate to visit us for more help.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-06-2009, 10:10 PM

wish you all the best
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs