RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

RR Donnelley

Old 04-08-2009, 10:08 AM

Re: RR Donnelley

They send out work to the countries that pay pennies on a dollar! Right now no one in any company is saying anything.
Look what happened to a company in the southwest called International Color Services.
Lay'd off over half of their work force and sent jobs to Italy & India, from what I heard.
That company has some major account from what I read.....Pottery Barn Saks Brooks Brothers Anthropology Free People and many many more. Really bad deal for the people that worked there. With account like that going over
they are making money hand over fist. So ask your self how can RRD afford to do the work, when you send the work out for pennies on a dollar you make a big profit! Remember times are tough and people are greedy.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-08-2009, 03:52 PM

they can't be doing too well, they reported a $687 million dollar loss for the last quarter:

http://www.foliomag.com/2009/r-r-don...500m-agreement
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-15-2009, 11:42 AM

hello all,

thanks for the info so far. i hope on more info about how they are working in all the parts so how they join in and how it was then going further at the time.

also where they have all the locations?

so that i can contact with employee's in other place world wide.

greetings,

amsterdam400
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-21-2009, 11:39 PM

Speaking from personal experience with them. I would guess that they are still around due to getting a few large accounts for pre-press work. That I am aware of they don't seem to offer much photo re-touching at all. Mostly text layouts and such.

Their work is sent to India, I've spoken with their agents on the telephone. Imagine someone typesetting a resume that doesn't speak English proficiently.

Anyways, hopefully the company I work for figures out they can pay less to just have their own under paid staff do the work. Considering that RRD is treated like a slightly more intelligent OCR scan.

PK_KC
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-27-2009, 07:12 PM

RRD doesn't make any money on prepress. It's all about the print contracts. The prepress is thrown in as a sweetener. They have made pushes towards high end studio work but I don't believe that got very far. The marketplace doesn't want a printer that does high end studio work. They know they don't have the talent.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-27-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budos13 View Post
RRD doesn't make any money on prepress. It's all about the print contracts. The prepress is thrown in as a sweetener. They have made pushes towards high end studio work but I don't believe that got very far. The marketplace doesn't want a printer that does high end studio work. They know they don't have the talent.
Just like Quad. They have a boutique in Manhattan. Why, I don't know.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-22-2010, 03:14 PM

RR Donnelley claims to be a good place to work with wonderful benefits allthough the truth is they suck !!!!! And so does the managment and all their LIES
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs