RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

why sending images for retouch to other countries?

Old 03-21-2009, 06:38 AM

Re: why sending images for retouch to other countr

Simple! Because its a business and its about profit
there is rarely long term thinking involved
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2009, 08:48 AM

Re: why sending images for retouch to other countr

I'm a photographer, and retoucher, and yes I occasionally send stuff abroad for retouching. (Although to be fair, for most people on this forum I am *already* abroad as I live in Europe). I do send some occasional stuff to India, and it comes back mediocre, but usable. Recently I've found some other retouchers, whom I have no idea where they are based who do a really great job for 10$. I don't typically outsource everything, but there are some jobs that it pays to send it out. Especially if there are a lot of basic tasks I can let someone else do, and then go back to the image to finish it off with my own touch.

Personally- retouching is not like manufacturing. It doesn't get 'outsourced' because it never really 'belonged' to any one place. It belongs only to the talents of those who perform it. It won't be long until these 'indian guys' are just as good as any of us. In fact many already are.

dennison
www.dennisonbertram.com
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-21-2009, 12:10 PM

Smile Re: why sending images for retouch to other countr

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennisonb View Post
I'm a photographer, and retoucher, and yes I occasionally send stuff abroad for retouching. (Although to be fair, for most people on this forum I am *already* abroad as I live in Europe). I do send some occasional stuff to India, and it comes back mediocre, but usable. Recently I've found some other retouchers, whom I have no idea where they are based who do a really great job for 10$. I don't typically outsource everything, but there are some jobs that it pays to send it out. Especially if there are a lot of basic tasks I can let someone else do, and then go back to the image to finish it off with my own touch.

Personally- retouching is not like manufacturing. It doesn't get 'outsourced' because it never really 'belonged' to any one place. It belongs only to the talents of those who perform it. It won't be long until these 'indian guys' are just as good as any of us. In fact many already are.

dennison
www.dennisonbertram.com
Hi Dennisonb.

If you need a good retoucher I'm a good one located in Argentina. I will PM you with my portfolios

Have a nice day

Mart
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs