RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Indian Works, Prices and US Companies...

Old 02-10-2009, 08:07 AM

Re: Indian Works, Prices and US Companies...

"capitalism doesn't allow us to live with ethic and harmony."

"Seriously, I don't want you near myself because you and your people are so cheap that I hate you and your people from time to time"

Should this level of stupidity and hatred be tolerated on RetouchPro?
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-10-2009, 09:26 AM

"I would make you a question, I do nude semi-nude retouching, don't you know how to fix rough nipples?" - yep, you smooth them out with your Nipple Smoothing Tool. I hear its a tool included in the PC version of Photoshop only. As soon as you type in your illegally acquired serial number, up it pops, along with the Plastic Skin Effect filter.

I think the only hope that more of the work will not go to India, will take place soon as Adobe works out how to make it impossible to Bit Torrent ripped off PC Photoshop. Or maybe the law changes to force advertisers to prove they are using work created using legal software? That's the only thing I can think of.

The quality issue is still the main stumbling block - I've never seen good quality work from India yet, apart from maybe one or two Ok clipping paths. But there's no point in kidding ourselves, this will change if you look at the history of work migration. Entire industries have gone to the wall historically in the UK for economic reasons like this - this recession is going to have an impact too.

Last edited by Markzebra; 02-10-2009 at 09:35 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-10-2009, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinisa View Post
"capitalism doesn't allow us to live with ethic and harmony."

"Seriously, I don't want you near myself because you and your people are so cheap that I hate you and your people from time to time"

Should this level of stupidity and hatred be tolerated on RetouchPro?
Hi,

You should read the other threads that talks about this matter. Most USA retouchers are quite affraid because most companies send works to India instead hiring retouchers from USA. If you ask to some retoucher from USA, they may not be as polite as I am.

If you take out my words from the context by quoting, where I have written those words. You are manipulating my words and, in consequence, the meaning of my words.

Let suppose you do retouchs for a company located in U.K. and suddenly you're fired becuase your company hires my company services because is cheaper and the quality is exactly the same than the company that hires you. I don't think you will have a polite behavior towards me becasue I'm taking your job and leaving you unemployeed. Well, same happens with Hindus and at alarming rates.

Have a nice day

Mart
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-10-2009, 09:59 AM

Smile Re: Indian Works, Prices and US Companies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markzebra View Post
"I would make you a question, I do nude semi-nude retouching, don't you know how to fix rough nipples?" - yep, you smooth them out with your Nipple Smoothing Tool. I hear its a tool included in the PC version of Photoshop only. As soon as you type in your illegally acquired serial number, up it pops, along with the Plastic Skin Effect filter.

I think the only hope that more of the work will not go to India, will take place soon as Adobe works out how to make it impossible to Bit Torrent ripped off PC Photoshop. Or maybe the law changes to force advertisers to prove they are using work created using legal software? That's the only thing I can think of.

The quality issue is still the main stumbling block - I've never seen good quality work from India yet, apart from maybe one or two Ok clipping paths. But there's no point in kidding ourselves, this will change if you look at the history of work migration. Entire industries have gone to the wall historically in the UK for economic reasons like this - this recession is going to have an impact too.

Yeap, the quality offered by Hindus is usually very poor, but who knows why, there are lot of jobs taken by Hindus and provided by UK and US, mainly.
I would like to bit a part of that big cake, as anyone here, but Hindus/Indians are taking the whole cake and it's unffair.

About the torrents, yeap, that's another big problem and asking for legal software will balance a lot all this going stuff 'cause the prices will definitely goes higher becuase the legal licenses and, of course, the skills. No one will buy a $999 usd editing program just for playing around.

By the way, I don't use the palstic effect filter you mention. I have another techniques.
Because I'm not from USA it doesn't means that I don't know how to manage Photoshop. In fact, I'm very respected by my clients from USA, UK and Canada because the quality of my work

Have a nice day

Mart

Last edited by Quantum3Studio; 02-11-2009 at 09:48 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-11-2009, 01:24 AM

Ok guys, not to be rude here, but you guys are being REALLY F$%%KING RACIST.

Don't like the fact that jobs are being outsourced? Fair enough
Don't like it that other people might do things cheaper than you can afford to do them? Fair enough.

Going off about "the hindus", "the indians" and so on? Racist.

Hey I'm doing retouching in Holland, does that mean I'm stealing your work as well? Damn cheeseheads with their torrented photoshops, bastards don't know what they're talking about with their damn filters, they're all terrible.

Could this thread be removed?

THanks.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-11-2009, 07:20 AM

I agree with that - especially referencing peoples religion in such a way. Don't think the thread is wrong, needs to be talked about in these frustrating times - just certain comments are out of order.
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-11-2009, 09:46 AM

"Going off about "the hindus", "the indians" and so on? Racist".

Racism? You call yourself that you are from Holland. How should I call someone who is from India? Indy? Hindu? Indian? I'm asking this because in Latin America, the folk people from here is called Indians. I have never heard someone calling to people who is from India Indians, just Hindus. There is a misunderstanding here.

However, how do you explain your sudden placing of blame of racism?
There are Indians/Hindus or whatever you want to call them, there are Britishs, there are Americans, there are Argentineans, there are Africaans, etc... I didn't invented the words, nor the razes. Are you assuming there are no razes? You call your self "Hollander/Dutchman". Where are you pointing at?

Mart
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-11-2009, 09:49 AM

"Hey I'm doing retouching in Holland, does that mean I'm stealing your work as well? Damn cheeseheads with their torrented photoshops, bastards don't know what they're talking about with their damn filters, they're all terrible"...

So, how can I call you if you say all these words? I'm not racists, but you?
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-11-2009, 09:56 AM

In the retouchpro all us should be discuss on the topics that have some worth to increase our photoshop skill. I think this thread should be closed soon.

Ash
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-11-2009, 09:59 AM

if retouchpro has feature to block the members, I will block the Quantam3studio.

Try to share your skill pls and stop all these nonsense things.

Ash
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs