RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

New to the industry

Old 05-11-2009, 08:36 AM

Question New to the industry

Hi everyone,

I've been looking for a website like this for a while now and I've finally found it! I live in London and my background is in Architectural Visualisation CGI having spent over 2 years at a world leading Architectural Visualisation studio Hayes Davidson http://www.hayesdavidson.com. Some examples of the work I produced while working there can be seen at: http://www.beachlandsbarbados.com/#/imagegallery/
and http://www.delliscay.com by navigating to the “Villa D by Zaha Hadid” on the sites home page.

However, with the global economic downturn there is a hugh shortage of work in this field so I want to use the opportunity to move into retouching and perhaps eventually photography which I have had a life-long passion for.

As I have a lot of experience using Photoshop and Lightroom to composite sometimes quite complex images together to create realistic visualisations so I hope this side step into a new career is realistic & achievable, especially as I know all industries have been hit hard by the downturn.

Ultimately I would like to gain employment with one of the bigger and well established studios here in London such as Taylor James or Saddington & Baynes as they also produce CGI as well. Any advice about how I might go about this would be very much appreciated.

Yours,

David
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-14-2009, 12:27 PM

Re: New to the industry

hi
everyone is tightening their budgets at the moment and it seems to be worse in the uk than elsewhere. retouching is not an easy thing to get into at the moment. best thing for you is to put a proper portfolio together and start contacting various companies. maybe you will be lucky.

there is work out there, but you gotta chase it... good luck x
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-15-2009, 12:32 PM

a good folio and good presentation skils as what you need then apply to all the agancies try ALF (book)its got alll the best agancies in london listed
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-15-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymind View Post
a good folio and good presentation skils as what you need then apply to all the agancies try ALF (book)its got alll the best agancies in london listed

Whats the ALF book? got any links?
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-16-2009, 06:39 AM

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=C...snum=4#PPP5,M1

sorry fo r long link try this itll explain
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-20-2009, 12:04 PM

Sorry off topic comment, but...Did you take those pictures of the Villa D? Is some of that CGI? Looks great.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs