RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Average Income

Old 05-20-2009, 11:59 AM

Talking Average Income

Hey, what do you guys think is the average income/payrate/etc for pro retouchers? Just curious. I realize thats totally ambiguous and vague, but I thought I would ask none the less. Trying to figure out if investing in a fancy website will be worth it, since I don't have much work right now and don't have a really good idea of how much I could end up making if I got to a pro level with relatively modest portfolio clients.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-21-2009, 06:23 AM

Re: Average Income

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtd131 View Post
Hey, what do you guys think is the average income/payrate/etc for pro retouchers? Just curious. I realize thats totally ambiguous and vague, but I thought I would ask none the less. Trying to figure out if investing in a fancy website will be worth it, since I don't have much work right now and don't have a really good idea of how much I could end up making if I got to a pro level with relatively modest portfolio clients.
By searching on the web you will find the answer. I have found that shitty retouchs starts in 10 dollars and finish in 25 USD per hour. Then you have some less shitty retouch for 35-45 USD, some of the 45 USD per hour are quite good and there you start seeing retouchs of about 60 USD, which are quite good, then 75 USD per hour (I'm on that range of quality, 60-75 USD/h, but my prices are cheaper than that, so cheap that everybody here will laugh a lot) and then you have prices from 120; 175; 200 and 300 USD per hour. Those are the best retouchers, and usually not just individuals.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs