Re: Box New York
=> They had around 40 employees in 2008. Less than 18 are retouchers though
- They handle 10,000 jobs at any one time! (source - wiki)
=> No comment. That s just a stupid.
- Each retoucher only handles one part of the image, e.g. handbags, hair, skin, clothing, then it all comes together at the end via the man himself. Upshot of this is that no single employee can say they have retouched the whole image and bugger off to another company with the knowledge.
=> They do split jobs between juniors (masks, etc) and seniors (who ll do all the color work). But that s it...
- Pascal has helicopter land him on roof of building each day !
=> Don t know if he has one. I know he likes to fly. But anyways you can t land on the roof, so...
- Pascal works very very long days. Often longer than anyone else.
=> Can t say
- All retouchers are kept apart from each other and on different floors, and have signed NDA's. Only the man myself has dealings with the big photographers.
=> They all have NDAs. And only a few key people of the company deal with the big photographers
- They write there own retouching software
=> Not true. They use photoshop. But have worked on something for the capture though.
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Photoshop Class/Seminar in New York||Calvinhollywood||Work/Jobs||3||04-07-2009 07:54 AM|
|High End Retouchers, New York||tee||Classifieds||4||02-01-2008 01:03 AM|
|Only in New York.||PatNugent||Salon||3||12-19-2007 04:13 PM|
|No Camera Raw dialog box appears||Tony Gander||Photoshop Elements Help||5||10-26-2007 10:21 AM|