RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Payment?

Old 06-13-2009, 10:58 PM

Payment?

How do you go about getting payment from people for retouching. Do you set up a paypal account or something along those lines?

I'm just about to start charging, nothing huge, just small time, but I don't know how to securely and safely receive payment in a timely manner before I give them the full res file.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-13-2009, 11:29 PM

Re: Payment?

If you're working with first world people, you can trust they will pay. Surely, first world people pay, so send those high-res without fear.
I personally use PayPal, but I started by using Western Union, but their fees are ridiculous, also PayPal fees are high, but not so much as like the WU ones. By the way, if you're attempting to use PayPal, make sure your client always loads in USD, otherwhise, you will be charged for the currency change a 2,4% or so. Also, for receiving money you're charged 3,9%
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-14-2009, 01:31 AM

Is there any sort of certain type of account I should set up. I just don't it to be confusing for people.

Like they click on the link and it brings them to the page where they just enter their card number and amount they are charged, and then I can confirm and send them photos.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-14-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imustbedead View Post
Is there any sort of certain type of account I should set up. I just don't it to be confusing for people.

Like they click on the link and it brings them to the page where they just enter their card number and amount they are charged, and then I can confirm and send them photos.
I don't get your question, but in PayPal, you will receive an e-mail when the deposit is done (it's usually instant). I don't know how it works from the buyer side, since I only receive. Almost every person in the world have a PayPal account, so it wouldn't be confusing for the buyers.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs