RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Retouching Architecture Photography

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2009, 12:47 PM

Retouching Architecture Photography

Hi Everyone. I am new to the freelance retouching world. I've gotten two retouching jobs for architecture photography and am wondering about how much time each image should be taking since I charge "hourly". Most images require compositng 2-4 images together along with color correction and retouching. I am still in the process of learning the best masking techniques for certain situations and bringing them up to "professional" speed. I don't want to charge the clients for the time "experimenting" but I also don't want to under charge. It would help me out a great deal to know about how much time a professional architecture photography retoucher spends on an image. Any help getting some sort of reference point is most appreciated! Thanks!
Old 06-19-2009, 12:09 AM

Re: Retouching Architecture Photography

Well.. will depend a lot the country where do you live inoirder to figure out how much to charge. I don't do architectural stuff just because I don't get jobs of that field, I'm more into fashion and the like.

For multiple shots (different exposures) you should aim for HDR process more than any other technique. The time it takes is just few minutes per composition (no more than 6) unless you have to do some cloning and replacements, that will take lot of time.

Get lucky with that.

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs