RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

They're trying to kill us

Old 10-01-2009, 08:35 AM

Thumbs up Re: They're trying to kill us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmother View Post
urghh yes.... this one is a real dog!

C'mooon.... most models are gorgeous. What are you talking about?

x
PS: No photoshop there btw... that's RAW
Hi Godmother,

Well... I don't like how models look. I love the work (and I appreciate it) behind every fashion/beauty picture and I enjoy looking the retouching work (as I do love doing it) but the models, the sophisticated and stylished women is not my style. I wrong expressed myself when saying "models", because some models are nice, so, what I don't really like is the stylished and sophisticated things, apply that over a model or a car. I like much more how the actresses look, such Naomy Watts, Nicole Kidman, I don't know the names of celebrities... Winona Raider... I like the victorian era http://images.google.com/images?clie...N&hl=es&tab=wi anyway
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-01-2009, 08:37 AM

Re: They're trying to kill us

By the way, we probably had to grunge the models instead polishing them in the next 10 years HAha =D
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-08-2009, 01:44 PM

in the usa the associated press does not allow altered images, for news related images. for advertisements, over photo editing should be done with care. Funny thing is that there is laws out there already, and over editing an image can be considered false advertising. especially when showcasing products, like food.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-11-2009, 02:44 PM

I agree with Godmother. This is really hard to implement. Law is all about definitions. If you have a definition of something then you can ban it. What is altered photo? Is the cropped photo considered altered? Photographer took the wrong angel and model's shoulder is bigger then it is in reality. The retoucher corrected. Is this altered? Model's look is the same. She doesn't have a huge shoulder in real life. But yet the photo has been processed in PS.
So good luck to lawmakers!
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-11-2009, 03:29 PM

In the most ridiculous of the cases, what about pictures taken with a wide angle? haha...
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2009, 09:49 AM

Here's a civil "high end" debate about this new issue:

http://ethicist.blogs.nytimes.com/20...0skinny&st=cse

But, check out the image attached. It's just, so, ...... bad. Who did this, and more importantly, who approved it? I find this hard to explain to my friends, but, I have to conclude that the availability of cheap computers and Photoshop has given many hacks the ability to "retouch", which, I guess is all fine and good, when they're posting over in other forums here and asking "hey, howamIdoin'?", but how in the heck did a retail giant like Ralph Lauren with much marketing savvy and experience allow this image to be printed and displayed? I certainly hope that phone calls were made and some were fired.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2009, 10:10 AM

benny, just like ps and imacs are so accessible these days...crap like this, makes me think or rather wish liquify didn't exist. well, we know how to use it, but if it didn't exist the average joe wouldn't even be capable of this mess. and we prob wouldn't be reading that article!
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-25-2009, 12:15 PM

I also like the wholesome look of un-retouched beautiful women, freckles and all. Sometimes makeup can be clownish and cartoonish.

Their beauty is only amplified by a small imperfection. Take the imperfections away and all you have left is unreal ugliness.
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2009, 11:41 AM

More troubles in France.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/03/fa...Boyer.html?hpw
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-03-2009, 11:55 AM

Ahhh, France. Maybe it would be easier just to hand newborns a disclaimer booklet when they're born. It could cover all the world's problems that we created, and all the solutions we created, and all the other problems created from the solutions. Just get 'em to sign off on it, then we're good to go.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs