Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

The next step...

Old 02-17-2010, 08:24 AM
The next step...

I’m a young retoucher from London. I’ve doing retouch, been building my portfolio up for a few years now. Over the last couple of years I have enjoyed working with a few fashion and beauty upcoming photographers on their test projects to finally come to the point where my portfolio is good and I can start looking for paid jobs…

As I don’t have much experience in the business site of this game, I was hoping to hear from some other fellow retouchers about how to start this game. I was hoping that someone would be generous enough to give me a general advice on who should I contact to introduce my services in order to get involved in the paid editorial and advertising world?

I’d be very grateful for any advices.

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-18-2010, 04:24 AM
Re: The next step...

Probably would be nice showing your port to us
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-21-2010, 03:03 PM

Yes as long as it's strong then you can start hitting the path! Just need to check jobs (monster, craiglist --be careful) here there are a lot of opportunitys just have to look around
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-22-2010, 01:44 PM

B/W- Here you go! From today's Forum:

Needed. Young Enthusiastic Retoucher - LONDON
We are looking for a young and enthusiastic retoucher to take on a full time roll working under two up and coming photographer's in London, England.

Between the two of us we have gained fashion client's such as Alexander McQueen, Pollini, Reebok and Wrangler to name a few. We also shoot for fashion led magazines such as Dazed & Confused, i-D and V Magazine.

At the moment I retouch both our work to a fairly good standard and would like someone to relieve me of this roll and take on all post production responsibilities including archiving, client contact and from time to time the roll may involve retouching on set whilst the shoot is going on. The candidate doesn't have to be very experienced as ideally we'd like someone who show's talent, flair and who will as well as understand our style of picture and execute it well, also bring something to the table creatively too. We will be heavily investing in all the equipment including Eizo's, Mac Towers, calibration, ripping and proofing equipment as well as an office.

We have set up a trading company already and would like to bring someone in to make it there own. Firstly we'd like to hold interviews and from there take someone on on a trial basis over a couple of weeks. From there we will offer a contract with the view to take on shares in the company.

Please respond to Scott at or via the mail system on this site.

Thank you for your time and look forward to hearing from you.

Reply With Quote top
Old 02-23-2010, 05:42 AM

Thanks to all for the replays. "Twopoint0" I'll check the job offer out later on today :-)

I've been thinking about contacting the magazines directly to see if they might have some work for a freelance retoucher. Offer them my services if they need some extra help. Maybe do some work for them from my home-desk. Work with them via the internet. Did you ever tried that or that's not the way the editorial world work?Sorry if my q seems to be silly but I'm very new to all this and still have lots of questions need to be answered.

"quantum3" my website is currently under construction but when is finished (hopefully in a few weeks) I'll put a link to it.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs