Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Need a professional Retouching Comp. in India

Old 04-30-2010, 05:10 AM
Need a professional Retouching Comp. in India

Hi Folks, i would like to ask if someone can recommend a professional Photo Retouching company in India or China?

I would like them to retouch my Portfolio of 15 Pics (Fashion an Beauty).

- skin retouch
- enhancing the "look"
- no composing

Please only serious answers and yes you're right its because of the costs.

Thank you very much in advance

PS: please post only if you know a specific company or a specific freelancer no job portals.

PPS: execuse me for my bad english please :-(
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-30-2010, 06:32 AM
Re: Need a professional Retouching Comp. in India

Dear Laxington...

Nothing against India or China, but it seems to me that there are a whole lot of great up and coming retouchers on this forum who could help you out -- people who want to create some portfolio examples (retouched images for your portfolio, retouching examples for their portfolios). Maybe build some professional connections for work down the line.

You might be able to get retouching done for a few dollars in India or China, but I think you'll be disappointed with both the quality and the communication. I am sure that there are some great retouchers over there but there's a whole lot of dreck.

Some sites have great example work, but turn out to be farming out the work to the lowest bidders over there -- so their finished work on jobs never seems to meet the quality standard of their examples. But most have terrible example images.

If it's your portfolio, why are you trying to do it on the super cheap? If I were in your position, I'd work with the best retouchers I could find that are willing to work with you (and I'd find a bit more money if I needed to).

Retouching for your portfolio is a commitment to your craft. It's an investment in your future.

The choices you make will directly affect the work you show which will in turn directly affect your ability to get work and the kinds of work you will be able to get.

Better to have 5 incredible images in your portfolio than 15 that are badly retouched.

You wouldn't think to buy a lens or a camera based solely on price. You shouldn't buy retouching that way either.

If you're going to work professionally in photography, you need to be building relationships with models, makeup artists, and retouchers. That way when the real work comes along, you're not scrambling to line up some real resources.

You don't want to be working on your first big professional fashion shoot and have to work with a quality retoucher for the first time. That could make it your last big professional fashion shoot.

Good luck to you.

Hope you are doing well. Take care. Alan.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-01-2010, 12:39 AM

well, you can use me for your retouchings, I'm very reasonable and exactly what you are looking for.

Please PM me if you interested.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-09-2010, 03:33 AM

Thank you guys for your replies and PMs i've got a lot of Messages. Please be so kind and send me an URL where you can show me your work. I'll not send everyone pics because of time and most of the pics are recent works and i cant send them all over the world (my customers would kill me ;-) So, please no PM's without Showcase. In return i offer a partnership in long term (sorry for my bad english).

Thank you very much in advance,
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-17-2010, 12:01 PM

Manpreet Ahuja Visual Solutions , located in New Delhi, India is a leader in providing image-processing services and is currently working with around half a dozen clients - mainly picture agencies, Photo Labs, Photographers - in the U.S., Canada, as well as in Europe. Currently, MAVS works 24/7 and processes approximately 30,000 images/month, and has the capacity to expand at short notice.

Manpreet Ahuja Visual Solutions employs 30 trained and experienced Adobe Photoshop professionals in New Delhi who have worked on various image-processing projects involving Dust cleaning, color/density correction, masking, Restoration and also Wedding Photo Album designing etc. and currently has 30 workstations running Adobe Photoshop.

Our experience

Total experience of Manpreet Ahuja Productions is now more than 1 Billion images.

Manpreet Ahuja

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs