RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

From where to start?

Old 01-26-2011, 04:14 AM

Lightbulb From where to start?

Okay after a long time of reading posts on retouchpro and lots of research I decided to start a thread over here.

I am a professional retoucher working for a retouching house in India and I was willing to migrate to from my country anywhere in the world but I am preferring Canada as it is a good place for retouching which is toronto.
So I searched for the jobs in vancouver and toronto like crazy for retouching studios but I didn't find anyone who is having vacancy for retouchers. I find many photographers there but I saw that they are retouching their photos their-self and not hiring any retoucher.
My current job is good for me in India but I want to go further as this a kind of very stable job and I like to explore the market of retouching which is not possible from here.
This made me really frustrated and I saw some threads here on retouchpro saying not enough jobs for retouchers in Canada. I have also researched on other sites they say to contact photographers and all but I don't know how to find the photographers and publishers of magazines to find work.
I have confidence in my retouching skills but I really don't know from where to start moving forward and how to use my skills to go beyond.

What do you people say? I mean from where did you started your carrer I really love to know how retouchers started their professional career.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-06-2011, 01:11 PM

Re: From where to start?

Do you know the best retouching house in India?
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-07-2011, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelrose View Post
My current job is good for me in India but I want to go further as this a kind of very stable job and I like to explore the market of retouching which is not possible from here.
This made me really frustrated and I saw some threads here on retouchpro saying not enough jobs for retouchers in Canada. I have also researched on other sites they say to contact photographers and all but I don't know how to find the photographers and publishers of magazines to find work.
I have confidence in my retouching skills but I really don't know from where to start moving forward and how to use my skills to go beyond.

What do you people say? I mean from where did you started your carrer I really love to know how retouchers started their professional career.

angelrose, I also live in India and working as a professional retoucher, so I can give u a clue.

You only need to setup your portfolio with skilled retouching samples. and I believe you will get much more work by freelancing. no need to move anywhere, if you move other countries there will be more expenses and saving will be less. I'm running my retouching carrear successfully in India and as per our location I'm able to do high end work in competitive pricing so I've many clients outside from India .

My suggestion you to first setup an nice website and put your work there as showcase of your skill. you get many clients automatically.
Reply With Quote top
Old 03-07-2011, 10:19 AM

Thanks ash i appreciate your answer
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs