Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Expanding Client Base

Old 02-08-2011, 03:51 PM
Expanding Client Base

Hey hey, I'm starting to try and put some promo material together for mailers and leave behinds, I'm hoping to update my portfolio and possibly build a better website for it....or maybe at least have an index page that will link to what I've been doing which is having a lightroom gallery that's posted under a subdomain of my main photography website. But anyway, I'm trying to expand my client base, pick up more jobs and preferably higher paying jobs. Do any other experienced retouchers in New York have some advice/experience with contacting advertising agencies, studios, photographers and magazines with the intention of finding work?

And just to let you know, I'm not completely green at this. My BFA is in photo from a top school, I've got a good portfolio with some big clients, my work is published every month in at least two magazines, I've got a big media/tv/radio client, and another client who is a big celebrity photographer. So I'm confident in my abilities and I've got experience to back it up, I just have never had to advertise my services before because all my jobs have come from referrals. At this point I'm trying to move my business/career onto the next level. I'm particularly interested in picking up advertising jobs and would also love to work with more high level photographers, since my background is actually in photography and I collaborate well with them and I also have an alterior motive of getting out of retouching and into photography when I have the resources to do that, so I just like being around photographers in general. photo geeks unite.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs