Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Customer Freebies

Old 06-03-2005, 02:27 PM
I am too generous i always give my customers extra pictures for instance if i am asked to do magnets which i turn a picture into a painting then i print to magnets if i do this and say the paper is a4 size and they want say 3 prints and it has small spaces i add smaller prints so they get more, why i do this is because i was brought up not to leave anything on my plate so i guess its why i hate wasting paper. Thats me anyhow!
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-07-2005, 05:34 PM
"Premium Promotion" and one that works for us

The first and only rule you need to remember is to never give away your own product!

We have been giving away old fashion Christmas ornaments every year for the last three years. I found some old fashion cars, candle sticks and the like on an eBay store bankruptcy auction and bought the entire lot for a few hundred dollars (2000 or more 8 different styes with an original value at $7.95 each).

We send out "reminder" Photo postcards in early November alerting our local clients that their ornament is at the Showroom and they can pick it up at their convenience. No strings attached, nor are any intended. It's a gift and they are on a table near the front door. The customers don't even have to say Hi to pick one up.

It's been good for business - people mention them often -so I am assuming that it will provide a "reminder" of us for years even though we do not put any advertising on them whatsoever.

Jim Conway
Timemark Photo Conservators
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs