Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Poll: Do you think accepting credit cards does / would improve your business?

View Poll Results: Poll: Do you think accepting credit cards does / would improve your business?
yes 33 75.00%
no 11 25.00%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-21-2005, 11:22 AM
Speaking from the perspective as a customer, unless I had a genuine personal relationship with a service provider, for a large ticket transaction I would not do business with someone unless credit cards were accepted.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-30-2005, 10:23 PM
I have a PayPal business account, which lets me accept credit cards and send e-Bills, but I haven't really needed to use it. Currently, almost all my business is done locally, though, it has only been recently I have expanded online.
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-06-2005, 10:37 AM
If you are not relying on internet and using mainly local work or referral work, then yes you really do need credit and eftpos facilities, mind you the banks rob you blind with fees and percentage commissions, however it can mean the difference between a customer walking when it comes to payment
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-17-2005, 10:20 AM
What business are you in?

In considering credit cards or any kind of third party consumer financing program- you have to consider what business you are in. If it's retouching, than you have to assume that the banks and bankers can handle the finance end of the business a lot cheaper than you can. I see posts here about the "cost" based on the assumption that it's an avoidable expense and at the same time complaints and questions about "collections". I started accepting credit cards in 1953 and the last time I sent out a "collection letter" of any kind was the year I got out of trying to finance my customers!

Jim Conway
Timemark Photo Conservators
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-15-2006, 12:26 AM
I have a merchant account for visa/mc/dis and e-checks which cost $25 monthly for merchant/gateway fees. Also have paypal... which seems to get used more often due to my cc account only accepting from US.
Reply With Quote top
Old 01-15-2006, 02:45 PM
I have only had one client ask to use credit card. To date, we are using PayPal for credit payments. I try to limit PayPal payments to retail customers only. I really prefer that my commerical/wholesale clients pay with check. PayPal does take a percentage of each payment made to me though thier system.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs