Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

URGENT! Need portfolio tips for application

Old 02-18-2015, 02:28 AM
URGENT! Need portfolio tips for application

Sorry to go all caps on you guys but I have two days to apply for a retouch/illustrator position at a internet based furniture company. I have no previous professional experience with retouch but I am a long time PS user and I have a few years worth of freelance experience doing illustration and graphic design. I believe I have the potential to be an excellent retouch artist.

I need to produce a few retouch pieces to put in my portfolio along with my other art. Do you think 5 pieces is enough? And could you recommend what kind of thing that would impress the employer?

Since it is a product retouch positon, I was thinking of doing a few different pieces that show off my ability to mask off objects and put them on a white background with suitable touch ups and color corrections. I know long hair is one the things that is generally thought of as being a pain to mask off, so having a piece with a model might be good aswell just to display my technical ability.
Lastly I was thinking that perhaps one last piece that shows my more creative and artistic abilities could be useful aswell. Thoughts?
Reply With Quote top
Old 02-18-2015, 04:45 PM
Re: URGENT! Need portfolio tips for application

I would think if it is a furniture company you should have a couple of product images and perhaps a lifestyle or environment image. Of course the best-case is if you could get images with furniture in them. I did a bunch of furniture for an auction company and noticed that in some of the photos needed some correction due to lens distortion, so look out for this.

Hope this helps,

Good luck,

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs