RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Subcontracting

Old 08-22-2001, 08:24 AM

Doug, I can see one major problem with that particular aspect of restore/retouch and that is the effect on the person doing the work. That sort of grief and frankly the horrible images you would have to look at DO have an effect on a person. I KNOW as all my Working life I delt with death,disasters and their aftermath. If a person has a strong Mental make up perhaps they could handle it, but having spent too much time exposed to that sort of stuff I advise CAUTION. If someone out there decides to "go for it" develop a sense of humor to help counter the grief you will encounter and be sure you have someone close to you that you can vent to on occasion. Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-22-2001, 09:53 AM

Hey how about this one. People love to spend money on their pets. How about pet supply stores and vets advertising your services to mount a favorite pet portrait on holliday backgrounds or maybe memorialize their deceased pets with a loving montage of favorite photos and stories to caption them.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-22-2001, 11:01 AM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Now you're using the old noggin. GREAT thought!

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-22-2001, 11:06 AM

What can I say, you bring out the business person hidden in me Ed.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-22-2001, 12:09 PM

Dj, I think you are on to something! People wont bat an eye at dropping some bucks on their pets. Good thinking! Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-22-2001, 02:15 PM

i wonder if there would be a market for using photoshop as an adjunct to home improvement, interior design. like, this is what your house would look like if you paint it white. or your living room. or your couch. perhaps there is something like this already out there; wonder if there is any program that would do this any more efficiently than ps.

for that matter, and this goes back to weddings again, you could try different colors on bridesmaids before the fact.

the advertising end completely intimidates me. gotta get over that.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-22-2001, 02:52 PM

While Photoshop could be used I think although some of the 3-D programs out there like one from Eos systems called Photomodeler might be more suited to that task. Another called CANOMA from I believe metacreations, is suppost to be able to take scanned or images from digital cameras and allow you to create photorealistic 3-D models from them. All these come at a price though. Around $750.00 for Photomodeler and around $500.00 for the PC version of canoma. I think the Mac version of the latter program is less. That is a good idea. Also,
Real Estate web sites are beginning to get interested in displaying "virtual tours" for prospective clients. Photoshop WOULD be good for your idea about "color picking" for Wedding attire, who would a person contact to get something like that started,ie, how to advertise or get referrals? Tom

Last edited by thomasgeorge; 08-22-2001 at 03:02 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-22-2001, 03:13 PM
Janitor

I saw a thread at the Adobe forums from a dentist wondering how to use PS to preview his dental work for patients.

I also have a plastic surgeon friend that uses it to show before/after effects before the surgery.

So the moral here is: offer you services to real estate agents, dentists, and plastic surgeons. Not as editors, but to teach them how to use PS for their purposes.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-22-2001, 03:20 PM

Excellent ideas are definately coming out of this thread.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-22-2001, 03:28 PM

Thats interesting. I thought that the Facial reconstruction guys and gals used a special program which allowed the importing of front and side views of the patients face and head via a ccd camera connected to the computer and then the software was used to reconfigure the features which needed attention by automatically using standard tissue depth tables etc.. Guess PS is one of those programs with a LIFETIME learning curve! NEAT. Tom
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs