RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

First Ever Business Challenge!

Old 08-21-2001, 04:12 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
First Ever Business Challenge!

The moderators and Doug have been talking this over, and here's what we came up with:

Make an advertisement or promotion for your business. If this one doesn't work, your business and your home will be lost. So it *must* be one that will *REALLY* get the target audience's attention. It must be something that they will easily see, and remember. This may be in the form of newspaper ads, flyers, advertisements on vehicles, or any other means you might think of. You may use images, text, or just about anything to make it work. If you have any objections to others using your ideas, you must state your reluctance to allow that to happen. Again, there are no winners or losers -- only idea makers. Make this the absolute best you can think of. Note: You do not have to have a business to take part in the challenge. Everyone is welcome, and encouraged to take part. When you finish with the challenge, you can make a post (along with an attachmnet) on this thread, stating how you made your ad/promo, who your target audience is, where the ad/promo will appear, and why you think it will work.

Ed

Last edited by Ed_L; 08-30-2001 at 09:09 AM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-21-2001, 05:56 PM

Count me in. If anyone wants to use what I come up with thats OK. Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-21-2001, 06:34 PM

I may be sorry for this but I'll give it a go. Heck, I may even invent something good enough to actually use. Got ideas but they all involve alot of work.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-22-2001, 03:42 AM
Janitor

Before anyone asks, if you use a vector or pagelayout program to design your ad, save it as an eps and open it in PS (or your image editor) to save as a JPG (unless your app supports JPG directly).
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2001, 09:36 AM

Hey Folks, If, like me , you dont really know how to run some of the HI-POWER Ad creation software, DONT WORRY. I plan on using Photoshop. Just use whatever program you feel comfortable with and MOST IMPORTIANT ---JUST HAVE FUN!!! Creativity comes at all levels and there is NO right or wrong way to do this Challenge. THE ONLY CHALLENGE THERE IS , IS TO HAVE FUN, PRACTICE YOUR SKILLS AND SHARE WHAT YOU'VE ACCOMPLISHED AND HOW YOU DID IT WITH THE REST OF US, SO WE CAN ALL LEARN FROM EACH OTHER. NO MATTER WHAT PROGRAM YOU USE, GIVE IT A WORKOUT AND PARTICIPATE. DONT THINK THAT YOU MUST HAVE YEARS OF EXPERIENCE, DONT BE SHY.EVERYONE, INCLUDING THOSE WHO HAVE ONLY JUST BEGUN TO DO RESTORE/RETOUCH TYPE STUFF HAVE SOMETHING TO SHARE AND TEACH. DONT BE SHY LADIES AND GENTLEMAN--STEP RIGHT UP!!! SEE THE THE ELEPHANT!!! Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2001, 09:43 AM

HERE HERE!!! Listen to our "Bespectacled Cow" He knows of what he speaks. Just ask the Pig.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2001, 12:11 PM

I don't think any of us are marketing gurus. One thing I learned many years ago is that no matter how advanced you are at something, you can learn from the rank beginner.

That kind of reminds me of a story that you might have heard about. A semi with a high trailer tried to go under an overpass, but the trailer was too high. The rig got stuck part way through, under the bridge. It couldn't go forward or backward. Many people were called in to figure out how to get the thing out of there without causing major damage. After much debate among technicians and engineers, a small boy happened to come upon the scene. He said "Why don't you just let some air out of the tires". I think I made my point.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2001, 12:33 PM

Thumbs down

Hey, I remember hearing that story. Good point. One we should all take to heart when we are hesitant to submit ideas, tips, challenges and just plain common sense advice.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2001, 12:48 PM

Hey , I just noticed!! How ORWELLIAN!!! It is beginning to look like an ANIMAL FARM here!!! Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-25-2001, 03:32 PM

The original post has been edited. If you haven't read the revised version, please do so. There is added information in it. Thanks.

Ed

Last edited by Ed_L; 08-30-2001 at 02:38 PM.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs