RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Business websites we admire

Old 08-22-2001, 03:47 PM
Janitor

Business websites we admire

What photo restoration/retouching business websites have you come across that you really like? And why?

Here's the idea:
Post the URLs of restoration/retouching business websites you like, and why you like them. We all go there and learn.

I'm not talking about the quality of their restoration/retouching. This is the Business forum, so I'm talking about the way they approach the customer. And don't bother with the sites for our own members. We already know how great we are

If you agree, and like their site, don't forget to email them and tell them (imagine how you'd feel if you got such an email).

Here's a few to start:

http://www.maine.com/photos/Welcome.html
His website design isn't that great, kind of clunky in fact, but I do like the way he "talks" to the customer, and he has many resources available for folks to learn about the topic in general.

http://www.picturefix.com/
A pretty generic site, but I love the way they superimpose before/after shots for their buttons and example links.

http://www.photo-restoration.co.uk/
Quite charming, and I like the way they offer varied services besides straight restores. They also seem to value customer satisfaction, and that's the most important thing a site needs to project.

So, hit the search engines and start exploring. And don't forget to tell them if you really do like their site.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-23-2001, 12:15 AM

Another Site

Hi,

I found this restoration site rather interesting.

I really like the personal feel of it and the little tidbits about the photos restored.

http://www.asterlil.com/ADA/index.html

Also, enjoyed the link to her personal website that has a gallery and travel journal, but that's something else entirely...Hummmmm, 'cept that maybe you feel that you get to know a bit about the person and might be more inclined to trust them with your heirloom photos???? Food for thought.

Farron
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-03-2001, 07:56 PM
Janitor

Ok, the restoration quality is average, the text copy is a bit overblown, and the overall site design is a tad pretentious, but you gotta love the last contact option:

Carrier pigeon to:
2113 West Lacey Road, Forked River, NJ
right rear pigeon coop - ask for Mabel

Plus she has a cool URL:
www.photorestoration.org
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-08-2001, 10:40 PM

The following site has a lot of good info about general history of photography type things and some excellent tips on identifying the approximate time period an old photo may have been taken in by analysis of clothing styles, etc. Some of it may be a little dry but over all its a good resource. www.ajmorris.com/roots/photo/photo.htm Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-01-2001, 02:03 AM
Janitor

Here's a site I enjoyed. They have good samples, an excellent FAQ, and one of the best price guides I've seen.

But what I really liked was their Upload/Download feature. They let users send in their own scans then download and print them. I'm still pondering on how good an idea this is, but from a business standpoint I think it's very clever.

American Photo Restoration
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-01-2001, 05:31 AM

Doug,
It is an interesting concept (uploading & downloading). After reading their FAQ, I see that one can submit a photo various ways - mail in, walk in, and upload. I think they've made it very convenient for everyone.

What's even more interesting is the pricing.
Quote:
and one of the best price guides I've seen.
The prices are all the same, for anything! No matter how bad it is. Very convenient.

They also promise a 10 day delivery and free shipping!

I would love to have seen more examples of their work. It's hard to believe they've been in business since 1977, and only posted 5 examples.

If they provide everything they promise, maybe I should start sending my harder stuff to them - can't beat the price.

I must be jaded. This place sounds too good to be true. Is there a catch?
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-10-2001, 07:54 PM
Janitor

Precious Photos has a typical restoration biz site, with one major exception: they have a dealer page designed to help retailers offer their services. An excellent idea!
Reply With Quote top
Old 12-11-2001, 11:31 AM

Vkki,

I think the downside is every one gets blue eyeshadow

BTW, there's a more button at the bottom of the page for more than five samples.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-26-2002, 03:52 PM
Janitor

I like the Photos Made Perfect site due to their imaginative ideas for photos. "Petfolio" especially

They also project a genuine interest in informing the customer and generally seem to care about the overall experience the customer might have.
Reply With Quote top
Old 04-26-2002, 04:06 PM
Janitor

7Palm blends poetry, storytelling, and old-fashioned branding to create a unique identity for themselves.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs