Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Digital Photography

Old 09-02-2001, 09:39 PM
Chris h. How are the studio photographers taking to digital over there? Is it becoming popular and if so who does the computer work on the raw files, the photographer or someone who only runs the image editing programs? Thanks, Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-15-2001, 04:17 PM
Apologies for the late response but I'd no 'hard' information to give you at the time. I called at a friend of mine who does a lot of T & B stuff for magazines and he has a digital back on the rear of a Sinar 5 by 4 studio camera. ( A rare beast these days ) He sends the raw stuff to customers ( On a VERY fast optical link) who play with it in house.
I don't suppose there's much point in him tweaking his product if some mag graphic designer/layout fella is going to play around with it anyway.

Hope this is of some use. I used to do a lot of stuff on plate cameras but its not a solo job really. I used to get students from the local art college to do the carrying in return for the experience.
Out all day and 5 shots to show for it.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs