Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

please help

Old 03-10-2003, 09:46 PM
please help

First of all, please forgive me for not posting this in the business/work topic but that topic doesnt get read alot and i need answers quickly. Thanks

I'm starting to write a business plan for opening a photography studio/ photo restoration studio and i was wondering if anyone has already done this and could give me any tips. I've already been to the websites for writing business plans, i would like some tips from people specifically in the retouch/restoration business on what to say or what works and what doesnt. Thanks so much.
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-21-2003, 11:12 AM
You are off to a great start when you even consider making up a business plan - most people don't and fail as a result!

The best advice I can give you for your next step is to contact SCORE. This is a group of retired execs - and in your area there will be some great people that will help you - all at NO cost believe it or not!

I did this when I first went into business many many years ago and can tell you the aid was more than I could have ever thought possible! You will need to fill out a short form (I think this can now be done online) to explain your needs and they will send you a list of retired people who can help you - one on one!.

People who have set up and run multimillion dollar business are willing to devote their time to helping even the smallest startups! Seems unreal but it's a fact.

Best of Luck in your new venture.

Jim Conway
Reply With Quote top
Old 06-21-2003, 03:03 PM
Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
I can only second what Jim said. I too have used S.C.O.R.E., and can't say enough about them. Great rescource! They'll help you with your business plan right from the get-go, and it won't stop there.

Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs