RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Precious Furs

Old 09-01-2001, 03:36 PM

Precious Furs

I was following one thread dealing with pet photos and thought that I'd show what I did recently. The collage consists of some of our pets who are now in canine/feline-although we're really not sure about the cat-heaven.This particular group was all around at the same time. When I locate some pictures I have of other pets we had I'll add them to the collage.We have a lady in our community who paints pet portraits from photgraphs and she seems to have a pretty good stream of business
Attached Images
File Type: jpg petsjp.jpg (48.0 KB, 28 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-01-2001, 04:22 PM

Hi Paulette,
Excellent job. I like the idea of leaving room for future pets too. Hadn't thought of that. Good idea.

Now don't you think people would pay good money to see their pets montaged that way? When you think of all people spend on their pets with toys, clothes, hairstyling and on and on, there is definately a market to be tapped there. You are already on your way.

I did something similar for our dog on her 2nd birthday so I could send something off to her breeder showing how she was doing. It's another way of doing something similar along that lines as a different example in a pet photo brochure . This would be more like a scrape book idea. Check it out below if I did the attaching right.
DJ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kayli.jpg (36.8 KB, 25 views)

Last edited by DJ Dubovsky; 09-01-2001 at 04:25 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-01-2001, 04:46 PM

Paulette and DJ, I love what you've done. DJ said:

Quote:
Now don't you think people would pay good money to see their pets montaged that way? When you think of all people spend on their pets with toys, clothes, hairstyling and on and on, there is definately a market to be tapped there.
Emphatic YES! Sometimes I think people spend more money on their pets than they will on themselves! (I can't believe some of the things that are for sale in pet stores.)

Anyway, go for it! I think this is definitely a market to go after!

Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-01-2001, 05:05 PM

Hi Everybody

I posted this in another thread but thought I'd stick it here too (sorry Doug-- ). Just kind of messing around with pictures of my dog--trying to come up with some marketable ideas. I like DJ's and Paulette's ideas too. This is definitely something I could get it into.

Amanda
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maggiebw.jpg (22.3 KB, 22 views)
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-01-2001, 05:26 PM

Oh, Amanda! I LOVE it!! Great job!

Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-01-2001, 05:36 PM

Akj, Neat!! Is there a way to ,say, take a pets portrait like the one you have done, put vital stats on the back and encase it in a fairly waterproof tag for the collar? Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-01-2001, 05:41 PM

Hi Tom

That sounds interesting--vital stats--you mean like age, sex, address, phone #, etc.? Just wondering though--would a picture of the dog be necessary--if the dog in question would actually be wearing the collar?

Here's another idea: Dog "baseball cards"

Amanda
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-01-2001, 05:48 PM

Amanda, If you can sell that idea (baseball/collectible cards) to McDonald's, you'd be rich!!

Jeanie
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-01-2001, 06:26 PM

I suspect that a collar ID tag with the pets picture might get a rather surprising response.Owner vanity after all, is a huge motivation for the pet product industry. The " Look what My Fluffy has" sort of thing. Esoteric considerations aside, even I am not adverse to aquiring money earmarked to support my decadent obsession with Living indoors and eating regularly. Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-01-2001, 06:45 PM

Got it Tom--when you explain it that way it makes sense. I deal with pet owners everyday. I've found there are basically two types of people:

1. Those who will do anything for their pets and spare no expense.

2. Those who think forking out $30 every six months for heartworm preventative is a waste of money (as one example).

The tag is a good idea. Could also do something like a dog driver's license. Of course, this would be less portable then the tag idea.

Amanda
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs