RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Highschool Senior Special effect pics

Old 09-05-2001, 05:37 PM

Highschool Senior Special effect pics

Have any of you tried approaching the photographers in your area about offering Highschool Seniors a special effect wallet sized photo package, designed by you? I mention this as I suggested this to the local photographer and it proved a hit with the kids. Any thoughts folks? Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2001, 05:49 PM

I'm slow, please elaborate further. Why would the photographer let you create wallets if he can and get paid for it? Also what do you mean by special effects?
Sorry Tom, you know me, I need things laid out in preschool terms.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2001, 06:25 PM

Dj, I was not too clear...sorry. What I did was suggest to the local photographer that she mention to the Seniors who's pictures she took, that for an additional fee the Senior could have a custom designed wallet type photo composed featuring something the student wanted. Example was one girl who was photographed in a sitting position then the image extracted and her likeness placed sitting, in the horn of a clarenet. That sort of compositing thing. It worked here because the photographer, while knowing how to use photoshop, didnt have the time to do all the work and was glad to "farm" some out. In this case the photographer takes and supplies the pics, gave me the instructions and picked up the finished product burned to CD and ready to go to the printer. Tom
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2001, 06:37 PM

OK, I get it now. Sounds like a novel idea. Teens love that weird stuff so I can see how that would really get them excited about it. It's amazes me how many ways people on this site have come up with to market this restoration business. It's definately a good site for all kinds of excellent ideas.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2001, 07:17 PM

Dj, My personal favorite was the kid who decided a picture of him wearing his favorite sweatshirt with lightning flaming out his gizzard and from the waist down gradually fading to transparent was just the thing to send Grandma--and she Liked it! While having Nothing to do with restoration, I think that diversifying and getting your work out does help as this lady( the Grandmother) told her friends about the good job and I got some inquires about what else I did and when I mentioned restoration--- some business materalized. Tom

Last edited by thomasgeorge; 09-05-2001 at 07:24 PM.
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2001, 08:10 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Good idea Tom. Kids are into special effects big time! A kid in cap and gown on a baseball (for a baseball player) would probably go over pretty well as would any sport item/scene or other interest.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-05-2001, 10:10 PM

Tom
I can just imagine what some of the kids came up with for you to create. Must have been fun.

How about doing something like (baseball cards) geared toward the seniors listing thier GPAs and highlighting their achievments in the school year and activities they participated it. Example - Jane Doe with a grad photo at the top and below, stats such as GPA -3.85 Senior Class President etc. They could trade these as they would their class pics. I actually got this idea from another thread suggesting something like this for younger kids in sports but why not for your high school class?
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 09-06-2001, 07:31 AM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Another good idea Debbie. And that GPA of 3.85 would make a good batting average too (.385)

Ed
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs