Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Old 07-20-2003, 03:34 PM

Wondering how others keep there photos organized ????
Off the computer

When I am working on the computer I use the method K Eismand recommended in her PS REst and Retouch book ie. a folder for each project and within that a folder for scan, WIP, and Final.
Then I have separate folders for each size of print I might make in JPEG format. This all seems to be OK .

THere are all the bits and pieces Off the computer. Now I am accumulating a huge bunch of CD's with one or two files archived on them.
What do you do with all the originals and trials .?

I sometimes feel like I am lost in a forest of old photos, new photos, CD's ,boxes and albums (wish I had been better about getting photos into albums) I have to shuffle thru boxes to locate the one photo I want. SIGH
Reply With Quote top
Old 07-20-2003, 07:06 PM
Hi, you are not alone. I settled on JASC Photo Paint Photo Album because of a couple of it's features - very quick to put photos in categories and the ability to compare two photos side by side at whatever zoom level you desire.

Here is a thread where this was discussed quite a bit, it has quite a few links to different software to help with organization

Please share anything that works, we are all refining this as we go ...

Reply With Quote top
Old 07-21-2003, 11:16 AM
Thanks Roger. I have read a lot of the discussion on the thread you pointed me too and know I am not alone in coping with organization. I also quilt and I have now put all my fabric stash on one side of the room and photo stuff on the other. It was really bad when they were intermixed.. Perhaps just getting the computer into the same room with all the photo stuff would help. Whew.

Photo Mauler, enjoyed looking at your neat photos. But what is Thumb's???? Do you have a link??
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs