Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

$50 Restoration Job

Old 05-01-2005, 04:59 PM
flora, outstanding job

have you written any tutorials on reconstructing body parts? you should!! the lady on the left thats ripped in half ,the job you did recreating the hand is just incrediable. every time i try that it looks artificial and end up just cropping out that area..didnt realize how much more i have to learn about this art. but ive come this far, i cant stop now
Reply With Quote top
Old 05-03-2005, 08:28 PM
Question Interested in the work

I would be interested in the work at a little less than the $50 you have said

We do bulk work hence can you let me know the quantity & the best rates you can give

Reply With Quote top
Old 05-29-2005, 10:44 PM
dinagaran, Photo retoucher

Sorry for the late reply, because i was sick.

Now iam ready to do your job. Please reply me.

Originally Posted by prbp

I would be interested in the work at a little less than the $50 you have said

We do bulk work hence can you let me know the quantity & the best rates you can give

Reply With Quote top
Old 05-30-2005, 02:34 PM
Thumbs down New Member.. This is amazing thread.. I learn so many things...

I am new to the forum, I am working as a freelance photo restorer & do bulk work of photo restoration & retouching at fix price.

This is wonderful forum and the particular thread is superb.

I just joined and was looking each category of the forum.. and here in this category I found this thread with 5 rating and start reading it... I read the whole thread and at last I learn something, which I wanna mention here... But before that Flora your work is excellent and after looking at your reply I found you very generous person.. you are gr8.

Ok Now I learn following things.

1. Don't ever work without at least 50% advance payment.
2. Don't send .psd file for approval.
3. Even don't send the high resolution (printable) .jpg file until you get confirmation of payment.
4. Clear your terms to client before order and at least charge some minimum amount even if client don't like the work, after all time is money.
5. Be generous like Flora..
6. And the most important ask for help of kind members of this forum if you get stucked ......

Well, I have only one question for now to ask is, Can I use the photos available in this forum as a challenge to use for my site with my own restoration for sample purpose ( I will restore it again )??? Also let me know how to get snaps to use for samples?

What I m doing right now to get more samples is, I have offered "pay whatever your want" for any kind of photo restoration, retouching work if client allowed me to put photos on my site...

I have just start my site its right now on geocities.. and what work I have done before ( when I didn't have site ), I don't have contact details of them to take permission to put their restored photos on my site...

So, Here I would like to let the clients know that ... You can send me your work and allow me to use it & you can pay whatever you want.

please review my work here ... please give me feedback about my quality of work. I want more difficult restoration to put on my site...

I hope the members will help me...

Thank you.

- Nik..
Reply With Quote top
Old 10-22-2005, 09:10 AM
for restoration job

Dear sir,

i am agree to you, you can send me files i will try to do. i am working as
restoration from last four years. so please send files to me for work
awaiting for you reply my mail id is

Reply With Quote top
Old 10-23-2005, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by nicks
Don't ever work without at least 50% advance payment.
I use the same business method the original poster uses myself, with a minor difference-- I do the work first, if the customer is not happy with the results they owe me nothing. However, what they do not get is a high resolution final for the approval. Once the job is complete, I send them a lower resolution proof with a branded watermark. If they approve the proof then I accept the payment, and once cleared, I return the full resolution file. Yet never the layers.

Usually, when someone sees the restoration and knows they can't use the proof because of the branding, they'll pay for the final because they really do want the picture, but if you give someone the final result and a chance, many will not pay.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs