Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Offering training?

Old 08-19-2004, 09:07 AM
Offering training?

I was wondering how many here offer training to customers?

I ask b/c I recently went to the dentist, and he mentioned that he needed to learn how to alter digital images of patients teeth. He needs to whiten teeth, and lengthen them to see (and show the patient) how a reconstruction will look. He said that other dentists also do this. I would have never thought of that specific target audience.

We also have some local art houses that offer various courses throughout the year, and I thought this might be a decent income avenue if I teach a basic Pshop course.

And for those that do offer training, do you also offer assistance to customers in choosing a computer/hardware setup so they can restore their own photos?

Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2004, 10:14 AM
I think training is a great way to not only get your name out there but to make some decent cash

I've been considering going down that road for a while now, just haven't had the time to really work up anything.

I would jump at that one asap That type of pictures he's talking about would be fairly easy to do and you could start having references for training right there.

- Noel
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2004, 10:36 AM
Look into your local community collage, they sometimes need folks to teach such classes and they usually advertise quite widely.
Reply With Quote top
Old 08-19-2004, 01:10 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I'll definitely check out community colleges, since we have a few near here.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs