Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Scanning Prices

Old 12-08-2004, 07:37 AM
Scanning Prices

I am visiting my sister and didn't have my scanner, but I needed to scan a couple of photos so I went to the local Kinkos copy center. They wanted $10 an image to scan the photos to disk. Ouch! They were 8x10s but I still felt that was a bit high. Luckily as I was walking to my car I saw a Kodak photo lab two doors down from the Kinkos and checked their prices. They were half the price and understood my request when I asked about dpi, bits and various file formats such as a tiff. The Kinkos person just gave me the deer in the headleads blank look when I asked about resolution and file formats and told me that the images would be saved as a pdf only. Guess it pays to shop around. Kinkos did have a self serve scanning option but you could only save your files to a floppy disk. This wasn't an option since I expected large files and needed them saved to a CD.
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs