RetouchPRO

Go Back   RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs
Register Blogs FAQ Site Nav Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Work/Jobs Talk about the business side of things. Advice, questions, inspiration, and moral support

Help!! need advice fast on tutoring Photoshop

Old 11-24-2001, 09:26 PM

DJ:

Don't feel bad, I've had a few of those disappointments as well.

But having a few "one hour" courses prepared would probably be good for you anyway. I'm going over and over on how to explain how to use shadowing techniques and some of the basic commands and short-cut keys.
Each time I do so, I find myself explaining things better and better and find out how I repeat myself, or try to figure out the best way to explain things.

Rick
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-25-2001, 11:29 PM

Ed,
Actually with all our computer problems of late I didn't want to advertise anymore than I was because I didn't know how soon I would be up and running and didn't want to make promises I couldn't keep. Now things are back to normal with a few nice upgrades and I can start looking at taking on more work.

Thanks Rick
I was sorry things didn't work out with the tutoring and who knows, they may call sometime in the future. I can't say. Actully with the holidays and a few other things going on I was busy and this wasn't the best time but if they were going to go with it I would have worked something out with them. I had even outlined a lesson plan from various books and CDs I had so I was thinking in that direction. Once I had gotten started I figured I would get a better idea of how much would be taken in in one hours time and go from there.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2001, 06:43 AM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
Mornin' Debbie,

I've always been told that if you advertise in the paper, you get better results if you keep a small ad going in the same place every day rather than larger ads placed less frequently. People tend to notice the small ad, and they might not be interested in your services at any given time. But when they are ready, they will probably remember how to find you. I don't know if the cost would be worth the return you get, but you might be able to negotiate a better rate with some of the papers. If you do decide to put an ad in the paper, you might consider mentioning that personal instruction in Photoshop is available as well as the restorations themselves. Just a thought. A few lessons could pay for a lot of ads.

Ed
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2001, 11:43 AM

Good idea, thanks Ed.
DJ
Reply With Quote top
Old 11-26-2001, 06:22 PM

Location: northwest Indiana, about 45 minutes from Chicago, IL
You're more than welcome.

Ed
Reply With Quote top

RetouchPRO > Business > Work/Jobs